Thursday Cuppa Joe: 6.20.24

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,035 Member
Good morning BBB! Sip your favorite morning brew and settle in…its time for morning roll-call!

"....keep looking up! That's the secret of life." ~Snoopy 🐾🐾🐾

Replies

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,035 Member
    Options
    GM~
    • Gotta get busy and educated on health insurance for DW and I when I finally retire from Govt.
    • Busy day today. X-Ray on back and PT. Seeing the dermatologist too.
    • I hope to squeeze in a couple of afternoon hours in the pool. It remains hott'r 'n *kitten* here though I thought I saw my home County (near Caribou Maine) on the news yesterday as breaking a record and the hottest spot in the country at 101!
    • Have a great Friday eve, BBB

skipper
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning and Happy Milkshake Day to all who celebrate.

I saw that on the news, Skip. Something like not the hottest June 19th on record, but the hottest of any day on record. That's nuts!
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Well, it's just pleasantly warm here, with a high of 85. Low humidity, too. The grandkids tried to play on the old Slip 'N Slide, yesterday, but the thing simply fell apart. Old vinyl left out in the sun too many times. There will be no slipping and sliding here until a replacement gets delivered next week. I'll have to come up with another way to keep everyone entertained.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Milkshake Day. Hmmm, let me ponder that.
    • Going to lunch with a bunch of the neighborhood gang day. I wonder if they serve milk shakes.
    • Glad to hear a new slip 'n slide is on order.
    • Let's hope the pictures of Skip's back show progress.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Started day with Emmaus group,
    Took car through car wash
    Now Pablo wants his walk and its already 79 projected to be 83 by time we finish unless Pablo wants to take short cuts.
    First day of Summer
    Sprinkler running in front, don't need to cut grass without rain grass has not grown.
    Been watering back and garden and that needs cutting, maybe early in morning.
    Love milkshakes but they love me more and stay around waist, reckon I'll skip.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Good morning

I have pto today. I'm watching dgs. Just got back from a walk between rain drops, with him in stroller and he's sound asleep. Ahhh the life of a baby.

Hot in upper 90s and humid here last 2 days. Cooler today with scattered rain fall.

Heading to lake Friday to Sunday. Ds2 and company will join. He and Tom are going to formally setup and connect water and electric to the 34ft guest camper, next door. And replace battery and fuel filters in boat.All while I trim and cut grass on both lots. Oh joy. Though I kinda like riding the mower around, lol. I do have a lot of push mower and trimmer work too though. So I'll get some steps in. Trying to prep for the first 2 weeks in July on vacation. Do we are enjoying the lake and not doing chores.

Haven't forgot the requested photos Skip. Just haven't gotten everything out and set up yet on deck etc. Hopefully this weekend! Then I'll take some photos.

TGTIF !

• steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    How is it Thursday already.

Today we have yoga, dentist and expat happy hour.

Plus I really, really need to do some meal prep. Yesterday Ron's PT was late so we didn't get lunch so decided to meet friends for pizza. It was fun but got hot on the balcony as the sun was setting and the breeze died. Should have sat inside I guess.

• kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Blessed HOT here. Getting ready to get in the pool.

Baseball game tonight in this horrid heat. Great.

I like a milkshake But it goes right to my waist too.

Mary, wowzer what’s up with those housing prices in Wisconsin? Ds1 is getting ready to put in an offer on one. They seem very overpriced. Ds2 found one last night here in Indiana that he said was overpriced but newer and a lot more sq footage than the one in Wisconsin. Location I guess. Ha.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Kelly ...prices way high here if your looking in a good suburb with good schools, selling with bidding wars, all way over asking prices and
    " no contingencies" gets it. I'd have a hard time buying with no inspection first !

Building new here is a better option now. But only if your willing to pay big money for the lot...

DD bought 5 acres to build in 3yrs

Wishing them luck finding a house.

Wheres he looking,?