Renew subscription or not?

CenFlo7
CenFlo7 Posts: 22 Member
edited June 20 in Social Groups
Question for those of you who pay to use the premium version of MFP, will you renew?

I'm up for renewal in a week and seriously considering NOT paying for this app. I bought the premium as I wanted all the features, INCLUDING the social aspect (read: Newsfeed) and now that's it gone, it's just a calorie tracker for me.

I think the powers that be @ MFP made a HUGE mistake by doing away with the newsfeed, they should have made it an "add-on" for an additional fee to the subscription, that would have cleared out many of the freeloaders / trolls / etc.

I have 1 week to decide, there's a good chance I'll just let it revert to the free subscription and go from there.

What say you other peeps? Keep paying or vote with your wallet?

Replies

• mlboyer100
    mlboyer100 Posts: 115 Member
    I cancelled my subscription right after they deleted the newsfeed! I’m not paying for this messed up program.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,710 Member
    Well, I've never paid for a premium subscription. As it stands now, the only feature that interests me is not having ads. Not worth the price.

But others might have another opinion, depending on the features they find useful.
  • CenFlo7
    HI Lietchi, we just recently connected on Garmin, so I recognize your name!!

I was a fan of the newsfeed, I really like seeing a glimpse in to the life of others. I also posted pics from CenFlo7-Land (AKA the beach!!) and people seemed to like them.

I'm starting feel that I don't need to pay for this app and won't renew my premium sub. I do appreciate your reply!
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,710 Member
    I liked the newsfeed too, but unfortunately I don't think it's coming back, not even for premium members (if it did, I might reconsider premium, Instagram and Garmin feeds aren't the same as the old newsfeed, I've found - the other apps like Lose It aren't tempting me)
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,405 Member
    Hi Cenflo, I also had free version, I am still here as some friends opened Private groups and I am still supporting them, I still hope in a miracle, I will not delete my user and see what brings the future, but now I went to Lose it.
    I tempt to compare, so I miss all friends here , but it has a bit of social, I have 10 friends from MFP there so for the moment I am ok
    Logging exercise and food it's not the same, anyhow
    Will see how it goes...
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,863 Member
    This whole thing is a mess . Feel like everyone is dropping out and its very hard to stay in touch now . As if they wanted to kill there app ?
  • CenFlo7
    @pessxx

I already miss you M, and Dixi too!! You've always been a big part of my MFP life, it's sad to see that go...

MFP could have handled this so much better, IMO, by making the Newsfeed a paid feature, but instead they just killed it!!! I am going to reach out and see if I can get their logic (or lack of?) on doing away with the Newsfeed and running off so many people.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 1,067 Member
    pessxx wrote: »
    Hi Cenflo, I also had free version, I am still here as some friends opened Private groups and I am still supporting them, I still hope in a miracle, I will not delete my user and see what brings the future, but now I went to Lose it.
    I tempt to compare, so I miss all friends here , but it has a bit of social, I have 10 friends from MFP there so for the moment I am ok
    Logging exercise and food it's not the same, anyhow
    Will see how it goes...

right now, LoseIt is definitely winning in the social aspect, although there's definitely room for improvement. for now, MFP is much better for me for logging...
    CenFlo7 wrote: »
    @pessxx

I already miss you M, and Dixi too!! You've always been a big part of my MFP life, it's sad to see that go...

MFP could have handled this so much better, IMO, by making the Newsfeed a paid feature, but instead they just killed it!!! I am going to reach out and see if I can get their logic (or lack of?) on doing away with the Newsfeed and running off so many people.

if the problem were truly that the newsfeed was very broken, as their reps claimed, they could have paid someone to program a brand new one. it amazes me that companies with hundreds of millions of bucks don't do this where i have friends with sites they spend less than 1/1000th the money on that work perfectly, and if something needs fixing they pay a programmer a reasonable amount to fix it.

• pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,405 Member
    edited June 21
    I log on both Food and Exercise and visit the groups here, I miss u too Cenflo .. Dixi says Ham Ham , Woof Woof to you !We are still here , as I said we do not know what the future brings.I agree with the paid feature, why they did not choose it I don't know....
  • mlboyer100
    mlboyer100 Posts: 115 Member
    I am a Premium Member but I’m not renewing. As a matter of fact, I already cancelled my membership just so they know I’m not renewing. My membership runs until the end of the year, after that, I’m done here. I stick around for my friends who haven’t migrated to another app yet… and to keep my hard-earned Streak Alive! Every time I return, I get more frustrated at how poorly this app performs! It’s very frustrating to hit a button/link and nothing happens! So you wait and wait for the screen to change. Then you start to think maybe I missed hitting the link? So you hit it again and Poof! Now you have 2-3 pages or copies of meals on the page! Very frustrating! I’ve wasted so much time trying to log breakfast here today, I’m going back to LoseIt!
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited July 4
    Still feels like this all happened abruptly, I have to wonder if the same ppl own both of these fitness apps and read that now ppl can’t join here without paying - can not verify but that’s what I’ve read on a cpl social media sites
  • TriedEverything
    TriedEverything Posts: 187 Member
    I don't know how many are still reading the group activity - it's a couple of weeks since I was on here myself, but just looked through this thread out of curiosity! I never paid for Premium anyway, but I really can't see how they can expect anyone to pay for it now! 😒 Although no doubt there are some who never bothered with the newsfeed, and will still pay for the logging tools. For me, the newsfeed was what "made" this site / app (I used both versions). A friend on Facebook commented to the effect that they might start charging everyone anyway, which is similar to what LINIA said ( ^^ post before mine ^^) and there'll be no free version. If that's the case, I'll definitely be out of here! They don't deserve our money! 🤨