TGIF Cuppa Joe: 6.21.24

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
Good morning BBB! Sip your favorite morning brew and settle in…its time for morning roll-call!

"....keep looking up! That's the secret of life." ~Snoopy 🐾🐾🐾

Replies

• DocSkippy
    Options
    GM~
      • Hott'r n' h3!! again today. Managed to slide in 2 hours at pool yesterday.
      • Leaving early afternoon to drive to PA. DMIL's headstone was completed (engraved); DW wants to visit.
      • Tucker's #FirstRoadTrip. He'll enjoy sleeping in the "big bed" vs. crate! #Spoiled
      • PT later this morning. Ugh....
      • Exciting to hear DS's on the cusp of buying their first homes! You all raised good'n's!!
      • Hope all are staying cool and enjoy the weekend!

Cheers,
      Skipper
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

You letting Tuck drive, Skip? Or just control the radio?

Our journey to get the headstone for my parents engraved has been a painful one because the Rabbi gave bad Hebrew. Fortunately, we recognized it, but it took 2 rounds of revisions to correct things. We're waiting to schedule the unveiling which is a formal thing at graveside with memorial prayers.

Half day at work today.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • We are just kinda hot. The real heat comes next week for us.
    • Hope to get a short motorbike ride in late morning, early afternoon.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

My mom's internment is scheduled for a week from today. She and dad will be in the same plot. The marker just needed the correct dates added. That will be the last we see of the urn I turned. Not a big ceremony, just the three of us, maybe spouses, to observe the workers doing their thing. Then we'll probably do some clean up at the house.

Spent the day with the grandkids, yesterday. We rode on a nearby bike trail in the morning. They helped load a truck full of heavy black walnut (freshly cut from the friend of a friend). They're big enough, now, to really be a help. I need to sharpen my chainsaw first thing this morning, because I have another load of wood - madrone this time - to go get at 9. I'll be back for more walnut tomorrow. This is getting to be like work.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning gang.

Temps here hover between 85-95 most days. Mildly humid but I hear it will get much worse. Usually there has been a decent breeze off the water so, so far not miserable. We keep the AC at 80 and thet seems to be working well for us.

Today massage, Spanish class then housekeeping. A new friend invited us to keroke so might do that tonight. Not really my jam but he's a nice guy and the bar it's at has a lovely courtyard.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Free walnut is worth the effort. Nice to have help.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon,
    Took Pablo on 4 mile walk this morning before it got too hot.
    Bank then by to see DMIL who was sound asleep, called her three times waited a few minutes then left; she called crying because I did not wake her. Then to grocery store, I hate shopping.
    Prep for supper, now time for a nap.
    Dave, later you will be glad that you have good wood to work with.
    It is HOT here now but will be much HOTTER and more HUMID next week.
    80 is a little warm for me, we have thermostat 76 day and 74 at night.
    Mary, enjoy lake even though it is lots of work getting everything setup and maintaining two lots; when you get too hot go jump in lake.
    Road trips are good even if checking grave markers, those passed are not suffering, feel no pain are still in our hearts with lots of memories, we were blessed to have them.
    Hoping for a quite weekend.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Hey BBB

Lake eta 1.25hrs out and we're driving straight into the rain storm. Radar shows wet til Sat night so we told ds2 just to stay home with baby etc.

Dh got a new 43" smart TV to mount over the electric fireplace in Rv so he can play with that. Im half way through a book I can stick my nose into.

Hope you all have a good evening....

• DocSkippy
    Options
    Road trip was horrible! I hate PA! The whole damn state is under perpetual construction - not ONE PennDOT worker to be seen! Ugh!

Tucker's first road trip was uneventful. He's got his ball - stretched out on King bed and I'm enjoying a deserved Miller Lite!

PT today was brutal. Taking a page from Ron/Stephs' playbook and booked a deep tissue lumbar massage tomorrow morning before we go to the graveside.

Love me some walnuts!