Sunday July 7 Check In

Options
deskjockey925
deskjockey925 Posts: 4,971 Member
  1. Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
  2. Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
  3. Did I keep track of all the calories I ate or drank?
  4. Pass days (3+ is fine if you reach the max)?

Replies

• peppikaye
    peppikaye Posts: 4,798 Member
    Options
    brcikrdt1vva.jpg
    On our news recently in Australia, we had another item about multivitamins. It said that multivitamins don't help us live longer. I would have thought that they wouldn't but would help you to feel healthier while alive.

As of March 2024, approximately 59 million Americans used some type of vitamins or supplements regularly, spending an average of $510 annually, according to greatgreenwall.org

What are the health benefits of taking a multivitamin? Multivitamins are meant to fill gaps in your diet. Vitamins and minerals are substances your body needs to survive, grow, and work the way it should. Eating a balanced diet with plenty of vegetables, fruits, and whole grains should provide the vitamins and minerals you need. But if you can't always eat healthy meals, taking supplements might help.

Is there really any health benefits to taking a multivitamin? This article says no. Check out this article from John Hopkins researchers.
    https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/is-there-really-any-benefit-to-multivitamins

Are multivitamins a waste of money? This article says yes.
    https://news.northwestern.edu/stories/2022/06/vitamins-supplements-are-a-waste-of-money-for-most-americans/

Who should take a multivitamin? Those who could potentially benefit the most from taking a multivitamin include: Women who are of childbearing age, pregnant or lactating. Obese individuals who have increased requirements for some nutrients. Infants, children, and adolescents who are growing and developing.

Do you take a multivitamin?
    Do you think they are a waste of money?
    What do you do to ensure that you get enough vitamins and minerals?
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,753 Member
    Options
    I take no multi vitamins as you stated they are a waste of money and are you really getting what’s on the label? I get my needed vitamins through a variety of foods and use my money for better food😊