Saturday July 6 Check In

Options
deskjockey925
deskjockey925 Posts: 4,971 Member
  1. Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
  2. Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
  3. Did I keep track of all the calories I ate or drank?
  4. Pass days (3+ is fine if you reach the max)?

Replies

• Learningmoments
    Learningmoments Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to start new habits, I want to encourage you not to get discouraged. I am trying to get new habits for indoor activities because it is so hot outside. I had planned to do yoga 5 days a week. Today I was feeling frustrated because I haven't been able to keep up with 3 days much less 5. As I stepped onto my mat, I thought what if I don't have expectations of a certain day and just got curious of how many days I CAN show up on my mat. I think this mindset will welcome me to do it instead of the constant ridicule of you aren't doing enough. I hope this encourages you as much as I think it will me.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,444 Member
    Options
    July 6
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes 👍
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day 👍
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank 👍

Pass days: 0

(Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18- 19 - 20 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31
  • shpuniarsky
    shpuniarsky Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of all the calories I ate or drank? yes
    Pass days (3+ is fine if you reach the max)? 0
  • ptitejeanne
    ptitejeanne Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    July 6
    Total Days 386

✅ 20 min + exercise
    ✅ within calories
    ✅ tracked all
    2️⃣ pass days used
  • NouveauRee
    NouveauRee Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    7/6
    ✅❌✅
    🅿️=5️⃣

Lately I’ve been easily derailed. There are times when I’m in the zone and focused and times like now that every distraction throws me off track. Each morning I start with the intention to get back on track and back to basics that I know work. If I can make a few positive choices during the day that’s a win. Biggest challenge right now is getting calories back down to lose mode.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,461 Member
    edited July 6
    Options
    ✅✅✅ 3️⃣ pass days left

I’m not often derailed, as my new daily habits are so ingrained. On the odd occasion that I do slip:.
    How do you reset to get the train back on the tracks? I look at my before photos. That’s usually enough to set me back on track. I do not want to be that person again.

Are there certain triggers that derail you? No real triggers. I have made peace with my guilt feeling, and generally do not regard the odd slip as a tragedy. I make informed choices. I’m an adult, so that’s fine by me.

What plans do you have to prevent them from doing so? I review my progress daily, and adapt and adjust to circumstances. Being in maintenance helps.

Do you have any daily habits that are a must that you cling to no matter what?
    Track, stay under goal, exercise, and do lots of activities to increase endorphins.

• peppikaye
    peppikaye Posts: 4,798 Member
    edited July 6
    Options
    Saturday
    1. Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    2. Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    3. Did I keep track of all the calories I ate or drank? yes
    4. Pass days (3+ is fine if you reach the max)? 1 pass day used
    How do you reset to get the train back on the tracks? Each morning, I get up with a positive mindset that I'm going to eat healthily and get onto my exercise. I then fill my water bottles, get my piece of fruit and healthy lunch made to take to work.
    Are there certain triggers that derail you? TV ads, stress, tiredness, wrong foods in front of me.
    What plans do you have to prevent them from doing so? I often don't go to the staff room on morning tea days as I know I'll eat something I shouldn't. Getting sufficient sleep. I prepare meals for dinner, so I have something healthy to come home too. When I'm tired I often don't make myself something to eat so snack on biscuits, chips etc.
    Do you have any daily habits that are a must that you cling to no matter what? No not really except I make sure I move daily and drink at least a litre of water.
  • evileyefirefly
    evileyefirefly Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    ✅ 20 min - Did 35 min on the treadmill
    ✅ within calories
    ✅ tracked all
    July UAC: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18- 19 - 20 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31

How do you reset to get the train back on the tracks? This is a hard one. I don't know that there is anything other than forcing myself to do it. What's gotten me back at it this time around was acid reflux. Waking up at midnight with a lung full of acidic fluid and coughing for hours is miserable. Its directly related to my weight. That's enough for me now.

Are there certain triggers that derail you? Well... Migraines that I can't control, and getting too engrossed in video games. I will almost hyper focus on gaming and lose sight of the weight management.

Do you have any daily habits that are a must that you cling to no matter what? I try to keep a set sleep schedule. This will make sure at least that part of things is consistent.
  • misslorij3440
    misslorij3440 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Options
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 4,049 Member
    Options
    July 6
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes (just barely 39 calories left)
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Pass days: 1
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    7/6
    Caleries-no
    Exersised- not really. My knee has been botheri ng me today
    Logged-yes
  • Paraest
    Paraest Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    7/6
    Exercise 20 minutes Yes more of course
    Yes to calroies stay in calorie range
    Yes to record all food and drink
    0 pass
  • henridw2095
    henridw2095 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    3 x yes, exercise was our piggy weekend cleanup and 15 min of deep stretching. I normally don’t count the piggy cleaning, but it’s a workout that burns more than 200 kcal according to the apple watch. 3/10 doses into Paxlovid, I feel decent.

How do you reset to get the train back on the tracks? I have two non-negotiable habits: nutrition and exercise and I haven’t slipped very much yet. I sometimes slip on calories. I developed a set of morning and evening prompts to get back into the right mindset if needed.

Are there certain triggers that derail you?
    Stress, overworking, exhaustion, conflict.

What plans do you have to prevent them from doing so? I do not compromise diet and exercise for work.

Do you have any daily habits that are a must that you cling to no matter what? I do best on a regular routine and when I’m home, I follow the same routine.
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    made it to the gym for my weight workout plus walked
    ate within calorie budget
    tracked everything
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,672 Member
    Options
    Yes X 3
  • vtoria3
    vtoria3 Posts: 3,348 Member