Thursday July 4 Check In

Options
deskjockey925
deskjockey925 Posts: 4,975 Member
  1. Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
  2. Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
  3. Did I keep track of all the calories I ate or drank?
  4. Pass days (3+ is fine if you reach the max)?

Replies

• henridw2095
    henridw2095 Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited July 3
    Options
    🇺🇸Happy 4th of July, UAC Friends!🇺🇸

The 4th of July is Independence Day in the US, and many of us will be off work and perhaps attend gatherings with tempting foods. The 4th of each month is also when we remind each other of the importance of food tracking. I’m writing this opener while returning home after a month filled with travel. I didn’t track for many days since I attended social meals with limited control over my food choices. Not tracking was an interesting experience after almost one year of being very rigid about my food intake. I can see the upsides of taking the occasional break from exerting control over what we eat, like seeing that nothing terrible will happen when we’re not always perfect. But - I am also looking forward to returning to the “safety” of my routine, which involves weighing all my foods and aiming for certain nutritional goals (in my case, a small calorie deficit and certain protein, calcium, omega-3, and vitamin goals). Whilst not tracking, my weight has unsurprisingly crept up a few pounds (so many interesting foods to sample!). But tracking over the last year and participating in the UAC have given me the confidence that I’ll be able to lose these pounds again within a few weeks, so I’m not particularly stressed about it!

For those newer to tracking, feel free to look at our “tips” in the resources.

For today’s discussion:

Given how many people have left MFP, do you still use MFP to track or have you moved on to using other tools (e.g., other apps or pen and paper)? What are the main benefits of your chosen method for you?
    h92lxe0znx91.gif

• Lynne10010
    Lynne10010 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I've used MFP to track my food for most of nine years. The more foods, meals and recipes I load, the easier it gets. I especially like being able to track what I need to be careful with (carbs) or need to get plenty of (calcium) as well as the calories. I'm not sure what features are only for premium paid users. I like the ease of downloading recipes and copying meals to another day or meal. I like being able to set goals for every meal or snack. I just started using the feature of setting up a different goal for the one day of the week on which I know I can't stay under my every other day goal. For me it works best if I record all my planned eating early in the day and if I need to make a change, record the change before eating that food. One feature it doesn't have is the ability to cut and paste a meal from one meal to another or delete a whole meal at once. So if I accidentally record on the wrong day I have to delete the meal one item at a time. Other than that, I have no complaints.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,444 Member
    Options
    July 4
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes 👍
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day 👍
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank 👍

Pass days: 0

(Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18- 19 - 20 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31
  • shpuniarsky
    shpuniarsky Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, i walked for 60 min at the gym this morning
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of all the calories I ate or drank? yes
    Pass days (3+ is fine if you reach the max)? 0
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    7/4
    Happy 4th to my American friend.
    Exersized-yes
    Caleries-yes
    Logged-yes
  • evileyefirefly
    evileyefirefly Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Yes x3.

I have moved onto loseit for logging. It has comparable logging with the social aspect intact. I'm still getting used to all of the small differences, but it seems to be close to how MFP was.
  • Paraest
    Paraest Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    20 minutes of exercise Yes, walked planted a new hibiscus, and cleaned some
    Stay within my calorie alotment Yes
    Record all food and drink Yes
    I"m sataying with MFP after trying Lose it a My Fat Secret
  • peppikaye
    peppikaye Posts: 4,798 Member
    Options
    Thursday
    1. Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, walking
    2. Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    3. Did I keep track of all the calories I ate or drank? yes
    4. Pass days (3+ is fine if you reach the max)? 1 pass day
    I use MFP and pen and paper for tracking. I like the scan option on MFP, it makes it so easy to enter a new product.
  • NouveauRee
    NouveauRee Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    7/4
    ✅❌✅
    🅿️=3️⃣
    Happy 4th🎆
    Still finding my way after the loss of the newsfeed. Stopped tracking here and tried a few other apps- chronometer - love the details available; lose it - too limited in the free version and mynetdiary - really like the daily food scorecard - I know we shouldn’t label foods good or bad but this app gives every food a grade and then an overall grade for the day - may seem silly but it’s motivating to strive for an A
  • rupashreega
    rupashreega Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for this day? No
    Did I keep track of all the calories I ate or drank? Yes
    Pass days (3+ is fine if you reach the max)? 2