Hump Day Cuppa Joe: 6.26.24

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,035 Member
Good morning BBB! Sip your favorite morning brew and settle in…its time for morning roll-call!

"....keep looking up! That's the secret of life." ~Snoopy 🐾🐾🐾

Replies

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited June 26
    Options
    GM~
    • I feel like this week is going in reverse. Ugh. C'mon, weekend.
    • Nice house for DS, Kelly! You and Gary must be proud! Remember, Advil is your friend when performing moving duties :wink:
    • Gonna be hott'r 'n hell today. Hoping for a respite and jump in pool.
    • My Tom G. custom Vette heat shield is backwards (painted the wrong side). Back to the drawing board.
    • Have a great day!
    skipper
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning and greetings from Love Field.

The conference yesterday was an adventure. They had a pipe burst and the hotel lost water and AC. So we roasted during the day and changed hotels in the evening. Good that they were able to find a way to move 30 people and secure conference space.

Off to Arlington today and looking forward to a 2-hour nap on the plane.

Temp in my room when we abandoned ship. That was with curtains closed all day.ifkbpse4iodf.jpg
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Had a good hard hike, yesterday, which is what I was looking for. No great views, but a good test of fitness. I was on the trail at 6:45 and covered 10 miles by 10. Overall, it was 20.3 miles, with 2,640 feet of vertical. Back at the truck at 2:15. Kind of like when my son decides to go for a 13-mile run, just because he hasn't done one for a while.

Sorry for the oppressive heat, elsewhere. It's 52 right now in Tumwater, looking for a high of 67, same tomorrow, then two weeks of 75 and sunny.

Tough break on the heatshield, Skip. Embarrassing for the artist.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Well, that is a bummer Skip. It looked so nice.
    • Speaking of bummers, tough deal on that conference Lou.
    • My hat is off to you Dave. I couldn't do that. Brandy and I did ride about that far yesterday.
    • I have a meeting at the church this afternoon and a class tonight.
    • Hi to the ladies of BBB.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning all

Glad you could find new space Lou. Too hot for sleeping is miserable.

Today is Ron's last appointment (we think) with his PT. He leaves Mexico for the hottest part of summer. I have a couple of backups I'm talking to so hopefully will have a replacement before next week.

He is also our yoga teacher so we will need to scout out replacements for that too. There are other options in town but some ore $$$.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Hi back at ya Dennis and to all the BBB !

I'm sure the awesome artist will right side up your pc Skip! He's awesome!

Good you got moved Lou. Safe travels onward.

Dave your back must be good, and your strength all over, given the miles you cruise! Good at you!

Steph, I'm sure you'll find replacements. You take such good care of you and Ron 😀❤ least I'm hoping you take care of you, too!

I have a date night with my great neice to celebrate her 5th birthday. I missed her party. First to Target she can pick out her present. The she wants pancakes for dinner. The local International House of pancakes will be it. Then somewhere for ice cream, so she says.

Its not raining here today, wow!!!

• kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon

Sorry about the heat shield how frustrating.
    Lou, Also for you. Saw your post on Facebook pride day at the baseball park? We had a big pride day here. It was seriously over the top. Crazy came out in thousands.

• LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon,
    Up way too early this morning for DW to get some test and biopsy , we were through by 8 though.
    Took DW to breakfast since she had not eaten anything since 12 yesterday; Stricklands in Athens Dennis you and Bill may want to visit.
    Very HOT and HUMID here with no relief in forecast.
    Sorry about conference Lou,
    Great stamina Dave.
    Since I retired and do not go into Atlanta have not seen a Pride parade and have no desire to see one.
    Mary, sounds as you always find ways to spoil little ones; they will remember for years to come.
    Except for Dave, Enjoy the HEAT