Introductions...

Options
SAH1906
SAH1906 Posts: 60 Member
I'm Shawn 2-KA-Sp92

Guess I should add more.

Went to a doctor's appointment and the nurse told me I weighed 315 pounds. I was stunned. I knew I was possibly just under 300, but never had weighed so much in my life. I kinda knew as I realized my clothes were fitting tighter. I knew then I had to do something different but it wasn't until a few weeks later, the Lord let me know that I could do this and had me remember having a conversation with a friend about this site.

I remember telling him how writing down what you eat is stupid and it would never work. But I was compelled to try and committed to do it for a week. I was flabbergasted at what I was eating during a day compared to what MFP told me was what I needed to eat. I immediately tried to meet the MFP goal and start walking at least three times a week. The result... Ilost 4 pounds that week! I stayed on it and lost 4 pounds EVERY WEEK for the first 10 weeks!

I now lose about 2 pounds on average a week and I'm ok with that. I'm just happy that I have folks on my friends list like Antuan, Harold and Bobby that keep me motivated. They just happen to be my bruhs too. I hope this group can serve as a way to get other Pham involved and encouraged! So if you know some other bruhs and sorors out there invite them in. Let's get the Pham PHIT!

Replies

• charaehosey
    charaehosey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Charae Corey Hosey
    Mu Xi chapter
    Fall 2004

Lets get Phit Pham! A-PHI!
  • LovePeacenHarmony
    Options
    Hello Pham,

I've actually been apart of this group since I first realized you could join groups but never saw movement on this board; so hello for the first time! I've slowly be adding weight since high school, about 5lbs each year until 2012. It's a continuous and long journey but I've still got about 35lbs left to lose. I've already lost almost 20, hoping to get there by April 2016. I lose the most weight once I've got a workout routine, track my meals, and compete in duels on my Jawbone Up (fitness tracker).

Leah
    Beta Psi
    Fall '09