Anyone doing this for health benefits in addition to weight loss?

mbryant1205
mbryant1205 Posts: 2 Member
Almost 4 weeks in. I have autoimmune issues ( fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, etc) and my daughter inspired me to do this. In just 4 weeks, I am a different person. I'm 63, retired, and have been in so much pain 24/7. Weather affects me (barometric pressure changes) and I live in the Pacific Northwest in the US where it rains 10 months a hr.

I have gradually moved up to 20 min a day on my stationary bike, awake at 630 to 7am instead of 10 am, more clear headed instead of waking around in a fog, and genuinely a different person. My daughter is almost 40 with 6 children and last month was the first month EVER that she did not need ibuprofen for monthly cramps!

I want to loose 20 lbs and now I look at this as a side benefit in comparison to the benefits I am feeling physically. Are there others out there on this carnivore journey looking for healing? Lets chat!

Finally Hopeful,
Marylou

Best Answer

• lajesq2669
    lajesq2669 Posts: 5 Member
    Answer ✓
    Yes! I just turned 50 and wanted to change my body composition, heal my kidneys, and avoid diabetes. I also have Lipedema, and keto/carnivore seems to help some ladies with that. Going in, I imagined eating this way would be so difficult. I only planned to do it for a week. I am still at it after a month because I feel so much better and have no more cravings for sweets. I feel like my body is finally making peace with itself.

Answers

• mbryant1205
    mbryant1205 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi there...I agree 100%. I have been accustomed to eating and then being hungry 3 hrs later. Now I eat and then 1/2 a day goes by without my stomach growling and I'm not hungry. I gave been on this 1 month tomorrow. I feel so much better and it has become so easy. As long as I have the right foods available in the house, I love everything I eat, and have more stamina. Hoping my husband wants to try it. Keep us posted on your health issues and progress!

Rooting for you.....Marylou
  • Ediz1987
    Ediz1987 Posts: 11 Member
    Hello! I have started another round and need to make sure I stick it put this time. I need to clear up my pcos acne and weight gain.