Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Downsizers Team Chat - August 2024

Megan_smartiepants1970
Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 42,758 Member
edited September 1 in Social Groups
dr6pur48f9vy.jpg
Here is your Team chat room for August 2024. This is where you weigh in, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land here any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows - contact them any time!

Our Moderators:
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8
Lauren- @lauren_989
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @Megan_smartiepants1970 and [open]
Mission Slimpossible - @Katmary71 and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @ashleycarole86 and @lauren_989
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @NachDeezy
Mission Slimpossibles - @19shmoo69
Weight No More - @rachelrjh and @BodyTalking
WaistAways - @MaddawgMadsen
Shape Shifters - @LaurieWrobo and @Cyncia85

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The August challenge runs for four weeks, from August 4 - August 31.

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win, and may everyone else get to work on next week!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every single week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard. In March we are aiming for every team to hit 50% green every week - let's do this!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or can be moved to the Support Team for as long as you need. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love :heart: Introduce or re-introduce yourselves right away, and let's get August on the road!

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,748 Member
    Just a quick pop by to wish everyone success in August. I am hoping to be back in September or October at the latest. My surgery is tomorrow.

Welcome to any new team members. You picked a great team to join.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Just a quick pop by to wish everyone success in August. I am hoping to be back in September or October at the latest. My surgery is tomorrow.

Good Luck with your surgery Linda ..You will be in my thoughts :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Please welcome back @ZaraMarie61 ..wishing you much success :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited August 2
    Hello Team Downsizers ....First I would like to welcome back @ZaraMarie61 and welcome to our group @ashleyhudson2100 ..I would also like to welcome @Stef2370 to our amazing team....I hope you enjoy it as much as I have ...I have been with this group for for awhile now and absolutely love it ... I have been on and off of MFP since 2009 (I had a bad habit of giving up on myself and deleting my accounts..I promised myself that I would not give up on myself ever again(been on this screen name since 2018) Second let me introduce myself ... I am Megan and I am the captain of this marvelous team.. I am also one of the moderator's so if a problem arises please let me know so that I and the other moderator's can solve the problem ... Most of you newcomers have already met me since I am in charge of recruiting ...Now a little about me ... I was born in Alberta Canada..I was adopted as a baby...I have lived in California most of my life ... I would love to move to Colorado.. I am an animal lover... I have 2 dogs a German Shepherd named Dakota who turned 6 years old on 10/10 (and a Siberian Husky named Aspen who turned 6 years old 12/22) ... I lost my 2 grandma kitties Kylie 17 1/2 and Mocha 17 recently within 4 days apart and a parrot named Petey (not sure who talks more him or myself LOL) I am a mom of 2 ..Alyssa who turned 18 on 10/5 and graduated high school on June 9th my little girl is not little no more ..I have home schooled her from day 1 .. She has been on honor roll every year who wants to be a veterinarian once she receives her diploma ... I have a son named Austin who is 24 (had a birthday on 10/24 who is married with 2 kids and was in the Navy now he has graduated from the academy and is a cop.. I am a very proud mama :)

Now lets talk about the step challenge that I am in-charge of for our team ...If you want to be added please give me your name and a step pledge that you plan to hit daily and post your steps either daily or weekly (whatever is easiest for you) in here .... If you want to be removed , change your step goal , excused etc. please let me know ... I do have a converter chart where I can convert most exercise into steps ...On Sunday mornings I will put up a reminder of the people's steps I need ...

My goals for July.. Since I am injured I am not on Keto at this time I am just eating regular food.... meal prepping with my daughter's help ....drinking 140 ounces of water daily and getting at least 5 hours of sleep.... I had a lot of health issues...but I am happy to say that I am off all meds ..I am no longer type 2 diabetic ... I had kidney stones ... 3 hernia surgeries ... a screw in my right foot due to stress fractures ... Left foot has arthritis in the ankle and I have quite a few bone spurs in the foot .. ... I also have tendonitis in my knees and I was born with hip dysplasia..As many of you know I am out of commission for who knows how long due to playing ball with the pups in the backyard and falling in one of the craters my dogs dug up...I broke my ankle in 2 places and tore tendons and ligaments ...I had surgery on 10/19 where I have a plate and 4 screws and I had an infection where one of the screws is ..... I had my 2nd foot surgery on 12/15 3rd foot surgery happened on 1/31 where he put a rod in my foot (which is giving me problems)
    4th surgery happened on 3/31/23 where I have 2 new rods in my leg and more screws in my foot
    5th foot/leg surgery happening on 7/7/23 ...6th foot surgery happened on 8/25 where I have a plate and more screws.. 7th surgery happened on September 16th when I lost my balance and fell in my home .. and had to have the rod that I bent replaced 8th foot surgery happened on Dec 16th...9th foot surgery happened on February 7th...I just had my 10th foot surgery on 3/28/2024 where he put 2 plates and 8 screws in my ankle..... Crossing fingers, toes and eyes that I am done with surgeries....I somehow have a fracture on the top of my foot and near my ankle...I am in a soft cast with 2 rods on each side...I want this darn foot to heal already so that I can start PT and get back to walking (boy do I miss it )

As many of you know I just had my 11th surgery this past Wednesday the 26th ... Where I have 2 plates on each side with 4 screws and two rods on both side of my leg

If there is anymore you want to know about me just ask
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    rbybpi8fkga8.jpg

What is your favorite type of music ?

I love my country music
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    xcf4zvdhj28i.jpg
    July Week 3 Results
    Top 5 Steppers are:
    1st @iLive2Walk 83,466 steps
    2nd @carrieneary71 79,823 steps
    3rd @FindingSamMon 54,166 steps
    4th @itladyee 45,504 steps
    5th @Bluetail6 43,326 steps
    GREAT JOB LADIES !!!!
    As A Group We Walked 410,238 steps
    RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS
    @lindamtuck2018 5/7
    @aactuallyaash 2/7
    @itladyee 2/7
    @iLive2Walk 4/7
    @FindingSamMon 5/7
    @myndieet 5/7
    @lovethyneighbor 0/7
    @carrieneary71 6/7
    @Bluetail6 4/7
    @RoblinB 0/7
    @scandiao 2/7
    GREAT JOB LADIES!!!!
    As A Group We Walked 410,238 steps

JULY WEEK 4 RESULTS
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @iLive2Walk 77,453 steps
    2nd @itladyee 61,833 steps
    3rd @lovethyneighbor 59,272 steps
    4th @carrieneary71 58,358 steps
    5th @FindingSamMon 54,237 steps
    GREAT JOB LADIES !!!!!
    As A Group We Walked 425,332 steps :):):):):)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited August 2
    I need the following people to please post their steps for July week 5

@aactuallyaash 7/28 -8/3
    @itladyee 7/28 - 8/3
    @FindingSamMon 7/29 - 8/3
    @myndieet 7/28 - 8/3
    @lovethyneighbor 7/29 - 8/3
    @carrieneary71 7/28 - 8/3
    @Bluetail6 7/28 - 8/3
    @RoblinB 7/28 - 8/3
    @scandiao 7/28 - 8/3
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    If any of the new people would like to be added to our step challenge .. Please let me know and post a step number that you will hit daily or weekly ..Thank you :)
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,813 Member
    Motto:
    🏋🏾‍♀️ Don't think, just do it!!
    Eat well 🥗to Live Well 🚢✈️🧳
    H2O - Make it Flow 💦💦💦
    [/b]

Step Challenge - Goal 8500
    ST = Moderate

7/28 - 12,913
    7/29 - 5,778
    7/30 - 5,881
    7/31 - 14,132
    8/1 -
    8/2 -
    8/3 -
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Please let me know if you want to be removed, added or excused from our step challenge ....Thank you
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited August 2
    I need the following people to please weigh in for July week 5 ...Thank you
    @scandiao
    @Bluetail6
    @jimboden3
    @FindingSamMon
    @carrieneary71
    @liketoyak
    @inshapeCK
    @RoblinB
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 332 Member
    I need the following people to please post their steps for July week 5

@lovethyneighbor 7/29 - 8/3

7/29: 7979
    7/30: 8649
    7/31: 8277
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Hello team Downsizers, you have a new member joining your wonderful team. Please welcome @Stef2370!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,971 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Weigh-in Day: Thursday
    PW: 171.2
    CW: 169.6
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,748 Member

Thanks Megan. Surgery went well. I am still in hospital. If they can get my pain under control I can go home tomorrow. Hubby is going to stay home next week until I am more steady on my feet.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970

Thanks Megan. Surgery went well. I am still in hospital. If they can get my pain under control I can go home tomorrow. Hubby is going to stay home next week until I am more steady on my feet.

You're welcome ... Glad your surgery went well ...Hopefully you can go home tomorrow :)
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 969 Member
    Friday Weigh-In

PW: 233.8
    CW: 233.8
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 329 Member
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (Aug 2, 2024)
    PW: 241.8
    CW: 243.1

I must be losing it as I know I added this last night, but I guess I forgot to click Post Reply so here's my update ... again.

After 5 weeks of no gains, I fell victim to the Mexican restaurant sodium hangover. My parents wanted to celebrate the sale of their house (they just moved into independent living) with the family now that the stress of downsizing was done. I did restrain myself but ... oh well, that's life.
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,941 Member
    inshapeCK
    PW: 148.0 pounds (gained 2.8 pounds in 2 weeks)
    CW: 143.6 pounds (lost 4.4 pounds in 1 week!!!!!!!!)

Part of the crazy amounts of up and down are due to health problems that are out of my control.
    I'm very thankful my weight came back down though and by such a large amount in 1 week.
    Still have to re-lose 3.9 pounds to get back to my February 10th weight of 139.7 pounds.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,082 Member
    The August Week 1 Group Challenge is live and ready to begin on Sunday, August 4th. Please join us for a 7-Day Mental Health Challenge! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10921224/august-week-1-group-challenge-mental-health-challenge#latest

See you in the chat thread! B)
This discussion has been closed.