Celebrating Zone 2

cinemaverick
cinemaverick Posts: 2 Member
Taking a moment here to celebrate HR Zone 2 training. It is the great equalizer. When new friends to running need encouragement, get them to walk and inspire them to hit a pace between jogging and plodding along. Speed isn't necessary but keeping it moving at an easy pace soothes the body and soul. As we aim to monitor and control our nutrition intake and portion sizes, there is no greater reward than knowing you covered some miles with and easy run. Zone 2 Forever, I say!❤️

Replies

• gloriawrightcook
    gloriawrightcook Posts: 4,624 Member
    Well said @cinemaverick though I do love to get some speedwork in every week!
  • cinemaverick
    cinemaverick Posts: 2 Member
    @gloriawrightcook absolutely (however "speed" is defined for a particular person!) Jumped back into this app after what seems a thousand years ago during the UA launch of MapMyRun / MapMyFitness and MyFitnessPal.... Taking a few weeks off to allow a knee to settle down and reminding myself my nutrition needs absolutely change when I'm not logging the miles. Thought I'd jump back in and start uploading my nutrition data and really document what I'm putting into the machine.
  • gloriawrightcook
    gloriawrightcook Posts: 4,624 Member
    @cinemaverick good to see you here! I am no longer running endurance distances, my body hates me right now (health issues). I have a running coach who thinks I can run longer distances once again, but I have gotten terribly slow at this point and my nutrition is not on par - as a result, I have gained weight for the first time in 12 years. So there it is. I am trying....really trying, and maybe, just maybe, I will get back to it. Short easy run tomorrow, speedwork on Thursday. Even my long runs are short now.