Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Welcome to 100# Support Group

Nutbugs2
Nutbugs2 Posts: 60 Member
edited September 3 in Social Groups
Let me introduce myself and then if you're interested in this group there's a discussion board where everybody can introduce themselves and we can get to know each other. We're on the same journey together. But let me first tell you who I am and why I started this group.

I’m Kristin, 58 years young, and I’m stepping out of my comfort zone to share my journey. I started at 333 lbs and while I’ve only lost 5 pounds in 10 days, I’m celebrating every small win—now down to 328!

I’ve been a homeschool mom, a music teacher, and I’m also a watercolor artist. I’ve struggled with my weight most of my life, but right now I’m at my heaviest. A serious accident 10 years ago left me with severe back problems, and I know carrying this extra weight isn’t helping.

I created this group because, like many of you, I have over 100 lbs to lose, and it feels like an uphill battle. I’ve realized that the key to success is finding people who truly get it—the ups, the downs, and everything in between. I searched for support but found many other groups had gone silent or didn’t feel right for this stage of my life.

I’ve always been active and loved exercising, especially hiking 3-5 miles a few times a week. But over the last 6-8 months, it’s been hard to even want to get moving. My passion for exercise has faded, and I know I’m out of shape because of it. I’m also a pescatarian with decent habits, but I’ve been giving in to my sweet tooth more often and have been leaning on takeout because I’ve lost the motivation to cook.

This is new territory for me—I’ve never been part of a support group before. But I’m excited to figure it out together!

Maybe we can share our Daily Check-Ins, track our calories or micronutrients, celebrate our wins, and encourage each other where we need improvement.

I’d love for you to join me on this journey. Let’s lift each other up as we tackle this challenge together, one step at a time! We’ve got this!