You're doing it wrong! 8/06

Options
aakaakaak
aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
Read this: http://www.mensjournal.com/magazine/everything-you-know-about-fitness-is-a-lie-20120504

Reassess what you're doing in the gym.

Readjust what you're doing accordingly.

This isn't the only way to go about getting fit, but its definitely a proper method of going about it.

Warning: This article is more long winded than I am.

Replies

• garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    I am so reading this later...get back with ya!
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Thanks - that's well worth the read. I need to print it cause it's a big article and I want to study it more than just reading it off a computer.
  • CallMeBacon
    CallMeBacon Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Holy cannoli that's a long one! Tagging to read later :)
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    I really really looooooooove this article! OMG!!!!!!!! I so feel what he is saying! I told my girlfriend about a week or so ago how bored I am with the gym and certain classes! She admittied she had not gone to the gym either because she was so bored with the same classes!
    I told her I wanted to do fun challenging activites like the 10 mile hike I told ya'll about that we were going up and down hills and my whole body was in great pain but a great pain! The kind that you knew that you were getting stronger. I want to mountain bike, paddle boat, roller skate, and more but tired of the gym same ole same ole. Not sure if this applies but I have been doing more body weight exercises which kick your butt! i do add dumb-bells but body weight is beastly...How many of us can lift our own weight?? I think the article was on point! We all want to stay active and strong but we don't have to go with the hype! I am inspired!