Tuesday Cup of Joe ~ 9/10/24

manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,963 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”
― Mark Twain

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,963 Member
    Mornin' BBB

I'm sure the neighbor meant well, but me dad use to say "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".
    So sorry about Venus.
    M is in Colorado with DGS. I am making my own coffee, and it is good. She is two hours behind EST, and she actually got up 30 minutes after me in real time. First time ever.

BBB OP ;-)
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,296 Member
    GM~
    • Downtown for two days of "stick a fork in my eye" kumbaya meetings.
    • I hope the lobby bar has Miller Lite!

Skipper
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,854 Member
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Up early for Emmaus Reunion group.
    • Then off to Athens for a haircut / Costco run.
    • Rumor has it there is a debate tonight.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,678 Member
    Good morning.

You know how people get those cheesy photos taken with the keys to the new house or car when they buy? Why aren't there ever pictures of the guy holding the check when he sells? Like with a big stupid overplayed smile or something.

Asked and now answered.

I'm home.
    2ffcxfmqnfcw.jpg
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,703 Member
    Good morning BBB

Well our football season is off to a great start, or not.

Had the walleye dinner last that ds2 and buddy caught on that charter I sent him on. Good stuff.

Sad about the dog getting hit.

Are you excited to move on Steph?

Taking a girlfriend to the lake with me this weekend. Dh is staying home to build and add railing to our deck stairs.

Great that M is in CO getting dgs time! I'm blessed to see mine as much as I do. He's talking up a storm. New words coming quickly.

Hope you all have a marvelous day!
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,221 Member
    Good morning BBB friends.

Heading out the door for a hike in the Olympic Mountains.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,868 Member
    Good Morning,
    PT this morning, nothing else planned today.
    Glad you made it home Lou with a check!
    Trying to drink up liquor reminds me of times 50 to 60 years ago.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 3,017 Member
    Morning BBB

Off to Yoga in a minute then dominoes this afternoon.

Met some friends for dinner last night. The super interesting old lady came. New nugget....the Cher movie from the 80's called Suspect was loosely based on one of her cases. Much was filmed in her office. She is a real gem. We will miss her.

I'm excited to move on because San Carlos is much prettier and more bike friendly. But I'm sad to leave all of our new friends. It has taken months to find community. Thankfully I have all of you.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,223 Member
    Good afternoon

Steak salad tonight for dinner. I’m ready.

I laughed so hard today. The new soon to be in law( mom) is very very wordy and very full of emotions in everything she sends. She sent me this big *kitten* long text. My response was “ ok, sounds good”. Then, another long text from her and I said “ yep”. I was dying. I just get straight to the point. I read it to DH. He was like good grief. Then, I read him my response. He was laughing too. Steph. I’m sure you’ll find new friends.

How far was the hike Dave?

Nice picture Lou!!