Roll Call ~ 9/11/24

manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,964 Member
In solemn remembrance.

Replies

• shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,306 Member
    Good morning!

This is a day to be held in remembrance, indeed. I remember that morning well. Praying today for the families affected by the events of that day, and the days following.

Lots going on today. It feels good to be getting things done.

Have a great day!
  • manladdvm
    Mornin' gents.

Prospective Vet was a very affable, attractive young lady. Make a point that she had a wife, not that there is anything wrong with that (famous quip from Seinfeld). Went to Atlantic Vet College on Prince Edward Island, which is a very cool place to study veterinary medicine. Seems to have a desire to practice general veterinary medicine. Fingers crossed.
    So just checked out the map south of I-70 and the speedway. Are you near the Glass Cat Cafe? They serve biscuits and gravy and chicken fried steak! Always thinking of food.

Never forget :'(
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,221 Member
    Good morning gentlemen.

A somber day, to be sure.

On a healthy man, note, I had a wonderful hike yesterday. I hiked to the same high lakes that marked my return to hiking form, in June. It's still the same tough hike but wasn't close to being as difficult for me as it was then. I think that is a tribute to the cross-training benefits of bicycling. Covered 16.5 miles, with 3,200 feet of vertical. At the trailhead at 7, back to the truck by 2:30.

• myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,696 Member
    Good Morning

'biscuits and gravy and chicken fried steak' ... I never understood the appeal. It even looks repulsive.

Really making progress now, but we are getting tired. More fun today.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,868 Member
    Good Morning,
    Thought I had posted earlier, do not know where it went.
    Nothing planned for today, picked beans and tomatoes last night picked okra this morning.
    Read an article that we need to forget past and start anew, and I say HECK NO; if we were to forget past it could be repeated. I may forgive someone or something but never forget. We need to continue to remember and honor those pasted. History is not being taught in schools as we learned and what is being taught has changed. Cannot help what has happened but it is what makes us who we are. Cannot help how some of my ancestors were treated or anyone else. But we have folks who are first generation U.S. citizens claiming they need to be compensated for things that happened well over hundred years ago here in U.S.
    Sorry for rant but we need to always remember.
    I have grown accustomed to men who have husbands and women who have wives; I do not agree with it, but it is what it is. Some folks were talking about a male couple at church, I welcome them for I have not seen anyone who has not sinned. Yes, we are a Global Methodist church and would not marry them nor allow them to lead a children's group; but they are welcome. DW and I also have a friend we have known more than 50 years; she is on wife #2. yet if she knew we needed anything she would be here as well as us for her.
  • manladdvm
    Them's fighting words, Bill.
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,578 Member
    Came late to the chicken fried steak shootout.

Onward and downward.