Saturday Cup of Joe ~ 9/14/24

manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,964 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”
― Mark Twain

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited September 14
    Mornin' BBB

Hmm, anyone know POFS?
    Will you be driving, Steph? A muscle relaxer (if you aren't driving) plus lidocaine patch would be helpful.
    Working today. Missing a memorial service in Maine for a fallen field trialer. She was a bright shining light and just fell down dead at a dog training seminar. 50 years old. She seemed younger to me, but everyone under 50 seems young to me these days.
    After work, driving to New Hampshire to judge one day and then run the girls the next.

BBB OP ;-)
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,296 Member
    GM

Long week. Long long long.
    I reached County Animal Shelter Director and have this POS flagged for no adoptions through them. Not sure how to do same with Pet Finder and others. Though we have animal control director on standby if we see or smell anything awry. Still angry.
    Might grill out tonight.
    Five more days before we leave for sunny CA and Napa!

Cheers
    Skip
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,221 Member
    Good morning BBB friends.

Attending a memorial service for the husband of woman in the choir, then hope to spend the afternoon watching college football.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,678 Member
    edited September 14
    Good morning.

Sorry to hear about your friend, Lee.

POS is Point of Sale and anything with a mommy and daddy word in it is just Russian Misinformation, Kelly.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,854 Member
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • I got the car serviced and donated platelets BUT... when finished I got up and walked 20' and looked down and saw blood all over my arm and shirt. I guess they didn't get the 'plug' in. Apparently, I'll live.
    • It's a dreary day here in GA. A good day for watching football.
    • I hope you are feeling better this morning Steph. Safe travels.
    • Safe travels and good luck Lee.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,296 Member
    Sorry to hear about your friend, SGM! Go TCU Frog's today!

Dennis: I had sticker shock this week! Got the Rubicon oil/filter changed: $135! YIKES! Apparently the 392 requires synthetic and some special filter! Good grief!

We hosted a blood drive at 'hood two weeks ago. I did the double platelets and while driving to lunch with DW a while later, felt like I was going to "black out" - got really light headed and dry mouth. Freaked me out a bit.

Way to poke at the Russian mis/dis/mal information machine, Lou! Now you know they're watching and monitoring the 8 -10 of us in here everyday going forward! блин!
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,868 Member
    Good Morning,
    Cloudy drizzling day with highs only in 70's
    Hope you are feeling better today Steph.
    Love Napa Valley, but has gotten costly, even so would love to have a couple months to fully explore it again.
    Shoulder and arm still very tender but glad to be rid of sling and brace.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 3,017 Member
    Drive yesterday was uneventful. I had an ice pack and Tylenol. Did too much unpacking and in apin again today but not terrible.

We are off in search of groceries and lo9king at another apartment this afternoon.

Our view is spectacular 6bmtlzccbzz6.jpg
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,223 Member
    Skip used POS correctly IMO. Ha

Sorry about you guys losing friends.

Headed to Wisconsin now
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,703 Member
    Wisconsin welcomes you Kelly Gary

Good day hanging out and showing my dear friend around our little lake town center. Boy it's sad to witness her memory decline, worse than I expected. I got her back, while here, of course! I've had to help her a bit with misplaced things, etc and timelines.... She went in 1-2 weeks ago for lots of tests and she is awaiting results now. Really just needed a break from her dh and dd whom are understandablely concerned and watching her every move. She needs some space to breathe... As she put it.

POS to has meant more like "pc of kittenpoo"🤣 to me.

We will head out some where tonite for dinner, then take the long way home tomorrow and stop for fresh apples and pumpkins.

Glad you have arrived safe Steph! Hope you find a chiropractor there.

Good luck Lee and Girls!!!