CTL and MFP

Options
Can someone help me figure out what my "goals" need to be set at? I'm talking Protein/Carbs/Fat. I originially had them set at 40/40/20, but since I'm eating lower carbs should I change to something else?
Thanks

Replies

• tdawg875
    tdawg875 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't know what everyone else is doing, but I just left my macros the same. You won't be eating the same every day so it is hard to set an exact goal and have it work. I just know on my low carb days, there will be a lot of carbs left over and on the carb days, the carbs will be in the negative. It doesn't bother me to have a negative on a macro or left over carbs/protein/fat as long as there is a reason for it and it is not me eating poorly.
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    There are several ways of looking at this, but usually I just leave my macros alone, and just know that these are the numbers that I try to shoot for:

100-120g of protein, and 25g of fiber a day.
    On Low-Carb days I shoot for 1200 cal with 35-45g fat, and under 90g carbs (veggies only).
    On High-Carb days I shoot for 1500 calories with under 30g fat, and 125-200g of carbs (veggies & healthy carbs).
    Sunday Funday I'll eat up to 2400 calories

See the "So you want to start Choose to Lose" sticky for more info on what I did when I first got started with the program: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/813951-so-you-want-to-start-choose-to-lose

Good luck!
    -sarah
  • thinagain2014
    thinagain2014 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you,
    I guess my macros are set correctly, they look kind of like was mentioned. On LC days more carbs left than HC days. I am on week 2 and have lost 6lbs so far so I guess I'm doing something right.:smile: