Roll Call ~ TGIF 9/20/24

manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,963 Member
Mornin' gents.

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,963 Member
    Somehow never got around to posting yesterday.
    Yes, white face cattle get the SCC of the conjunctiva. That was the very first veterinary procedure I ever witnessed. Good ol' Doc Cottom, may he RIP. Helluva vet.
    Steve, at first I thought you might be describing an aural hematoma on Frankie's ear, but those almost always are accompanied by head shaking. Hope it is just a reaction to an insect bite.
    Prayers for Connie and Collin.
    How are the school kids these days, Teach? I know several people who would have a real hard time talking with just one arm.
    HOT dog training yesterday. One dog overheated and then developed low blood sugar. Thankfully, I did not need to place an IV, she responded to dunking in water and then oral sugar solution.
    Working today, and then weekend off.
    Scale not moving... :#

Onward and downward ;-)
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,868 Member
    Good Morning,
    Arm so sore last, reckon from hanging down all day, PT morning then back at school this afternoon.
    Tomorrow our group is sponsoring a ride for Circle of Love that provides food and housing for abused women and children. I'm still not cleared to ride but will help with breakfast and sign ups.
    Hope Collin is better and back at work.
    Got to get moving
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,221 Member
    Good morning gentlemen.

Weight was up to 171 yesterday, after six months in the 160s. Need to buckle down again. It's a never-ending struggle.

Planning to cut up some limbs that have been drying in the corner of the shop, this morning. I use them to turn wooden mushrooms. I need 15 or 20 for the holiday bazaar sale in November. Then I have to pick up prescriptions on post. Grandkids are coming over for the night.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,696 Member
    Good Morning

Weather is slowly heating up again. A few more days and we will be back in the 90's. Another exciting day of slow but steady progress. My realtor has a guy coming to see about repairing the door jamb for the garage side door which is cracked at the deadbolt area. Went over "the list" with the realtor last night to getting to the open house. We are on target. The "Coming Soon" sign goes up next week. I can't wait to be done with this. Once we are out of the house an it is being painted etc., we are looking foward to final visits to Yosemite and perhaps So Cal one last time. I need to stay close to keep the contractors on target though.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,154 Member
    Well bumped myself out before finishing my replies.
    Gosh Sam you can't heal your shoulder, hand and elbow up any too soon. I feel for ya. Ts and Ps.
    Glad you got the HOT dog back up on its feet Lee. At least my version of the eye CIN is not invasive as confirmed several times now so no additional treatment needed. Just following it. It involved the conjunctiva and a smidge of superficial cornea surface.
    Hope Connie is doing better and that Collin is back on his feet too.
    Our Sunday yoga zoom class was cancelled because our teacher with young school aged kids came down with a vicious stomach bug. Not sure if I relayed this before. Our DD got something similar as a teacher too.

We are suppose to warm up by next Tuesday to as high as 86-90deg. Lately not thinking 90 so much but definitely "hot" for this time of year in the PacNW PDX area.