Roll Call ~ Monday 9/23/24

manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,964 Member
Mornin' gents.

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,964 Member
    Well shucks. DW has found a wee 5 acre farm with a neat 3 bed 2 bath house and a chicken coop in Colorado Springs. We are going to make an offer.
    Deep breath. I hate moving, but this means being close to DGS. I may stay in CT until I qualify for medicare. Changes are a-comin'.
    Smoked a pork butt and a leg of lamb yesterday. Both turned out great. I actually had pan seared venison tenderloin with a mushroom sauce for my dinner. The lamb and pork are going to work today for co-workers.

Onward and downward ;-)
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,306 Member
    Good morning!

Lee, that sounds exciting! I hope that works out for you.

My DW is locked into this house for life. We have lived here since 1996, and no chance of moving. Most of the time I'm OK with that, but this older house and acre are a lot at times to take care of.

Connie starts prep today for her double (upper and lower) scope tomorrow. We are hoping to get more to the bottom (pun intended) of her IBS symptoms.

I'm hoping to get a few things done today. Yesterday was a bust in getting prep materials for Connie, and taking Collin to urgent care for his bacterial infection. I think that he will miss work again today, and if they are still interested in him, he should be going back to work tomorrow.

Have a great day!
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,221 Member
    Good morning gentlemen.

Had a wonderful time going through the stuff I brought up from Salem. Still have some furniture maneuvering to complete to accommodate the new recliners and the coffee table my dad made.

Wow, Lee. That's some big news. Several old Army friends and acquaintances are retired in Colorado Springs. It's a really nice area. Not much there for your boat, though. Exciting times.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,696 Member
    Good Morning

That is indeed exciting news Lee!

Crunch time here, we move on Saturday. We worked out in the 90+ degree sun yesterday for an hour. It really sapped our energy. My back didn't enjoy it but responded to some ice and a muscle relaxant pill at night. Push is to finish off the house today or get really close. Tonight we relocate to a rental about 10miles from here. Tomorrow we go into the garage. It will hit 100 today which is always fun.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,868 Member
    Pray Collin is better and still employed.
    Steve, you can now see why I left lake and 5 acres for a point one-seven acre lot, house is about same size but DW wants a smaller house; if she handles everything including move I'll go but know that is not going to happen.
    Congrats Lee,
    Glad you are making good progress Bill.