SW: 306
CW: 251
GW: 150
Motivation: Healthier living

Replies

• excentricvic
    excentricvic Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim, thanks for joining our group! Congratulations on your weight loss — very inspiring! I'm going to confess that I'm focussed on that delicious looking pizza slice in your profile photo ; ) One of my favourite foods but it's off the menu for the next 90 Days I'm afraid!
  • kellyjansson75
    kellyjansson75 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I was not sure if this group was for people over 40 years old or for people looking to lose over 40 lbs. So I joined anyways:) I am looking to lose about 95 more pounds within a year.

Kelly
    Starting weight 256
    Current Weight 235
    Goal Weight 140

Motivation:I am a single mama to 2 beautiful boys with LOTS of energy and I want to be able to keep up with them. I am from Buffalo MN. Want to become healthier and feel good about myself. Also another big motivation is my 10 year reunion coming up this next June. :):) Excited to learn more about everyones journey!
  • Shellanfit
    Shellanfit Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow 40+ year olds!
    First Name: Shellan
    SW:135
    CW: 137.7
    GW: 117.7
    Goal: to lose 20 llbs and be able to maintain my weight in the high teens or low 20's for life
  • Hello! Really happy to be on my way to a healthier weight.
    First Name: Sharon
    SW:138.1
    CW: 138.1
    GW: 110
    Goal: to lose the extra weight that is keeping me from feeling and looking my best and keep it off for life!
  • TammyGKRN
    Options
    Yea to over 40 crowd!!
    Tammy ~~~ Texas~~~~45
    SW: 180
    CW: 177
    GW:140?? Muscle weighs more so we shall see!!
    Just get healthy, stay healthy, inspire my daughter to maintain healthy lifestyle and FIT INTO MY CLOTHES!!!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm Cheryl, 46, in Ohio.

SW 198
    CW 165
    GW 139

I was sick of what I saw in the mirror and hiding in pictures. I just joined a gym (it should be illegal how much I paid) $60 for an entire year for my family and I, my employer paid the rest of it. It's a small gym and classes are extra ($18 per class per quarter) but I've been whining that I couldn't afford a gym and I wanted to lift, so I'm doing what I can with what I have.

My motivation is what I see in the mirror, while I love my new body, with the weight loss comes flabby parts, I want them to go away!

I've also been running, my goal is to run an entire 5k on October 22, I've already registered and I'm working hard to reach that goal.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Hi,

CS here

Male

SW: 203
    CW: 188
    GW: 153

I am trying to lose weight and get fit the "right" way by using MFP. I am not really concerned how fast i lose the weight. I just want to be super fit and healthy.

I really am into running and am planning to run my first 5K in years in November.

Also trying to seriously incorporate lifting into my fitness routine.

All about encouragement so that we all meet our goals!
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi

First Name: Jules
    SW: 222.4
    CW: 222.4
    Motivation: Healthier living and to enjoy life to the full!

:heart:
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hiya,
    Lisa here, age 40, from Waterloo Canada.
    SW: 212, CW: 159-163 (depending on the day), GW: 150
    Motivation: strong, fit, healthy, happy.
  • excentricvic
    Options
    Hi Kelly, Thanks for joining us! it was meant to be age 40 but whether you are over 40 or have over 40 pounds to lose, the struggles are the same. So stick with us ; ) Is your reunion in 2014? If so, you've got lot's of time!
  • psd091966
    psd091966 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi

First Name: Pam
    SW: 255
    CW: 255
    Motivation: Getting back into shape and being active again:bigsmile:
  • mschellep
    mschellep Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi

First Name: Michelle
    SW: 207
    GW: 155

Motivation: After getting married 5 years ago I've put on 25 pounds. I want to make it through the holidays with a healthier outlook and finer body!
  • stevenoreilly42
    stevenoreilly42 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Steven
    I live in Australia
    I don't turn 40 until mid year 2014 but this group seemed right for me.
    SW 142kg (313lb) - 12Aug2013
    CW 122kg (270lb)
    GW 85kg (188lb)

I gained my weight, 52kg (114lb), from October 2010 until August 2013. My goal is to return to a healthy weight and live an active life during my 40s.

I have been using MFP for a week and it has complimented my training and diet goals.
  • excentricvic
    Options
    How's everyone doing on their quest for "Buff"?

Are your bulges shrinking? Feel free to share your tips & successes. Since I've REALLY been focussed on clean-eating lately, I've pinned some great recipes on my Pinterest page. Feel free to check out the recipes at: http://www.pinterest.com/excentricvic/boards/ But you may NOT want to look at the recipes posted in the "SINFUL RECIPES" board : ).

Happy Shrinking!

V.