Saturday Cup of Joe ~ 9/28/24

manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,963 Member
edited September 28 in Social Groups
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“When you come to a fork in the road, take it.” Yogi Berra

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,963 Member
    Mornin' BBB

Glad Sam made it home safely, although circuitously.
    Kelly, I hope to never retire, but I do hope to dial it back a bit. I am starting to think a mobile van might be a good option when I gets to CO. Or maybe just relief work. There is more than a few practices nearby. Relief work is probably how it will go, much simpler than buying, maintaining, and stocking a van. If only I were a younger man.
    I will probably stay in CT for another year before permanently relocating to Monument, unless circumstances dictate sooner.
    Yankees clinched the division, but their pitching is highly suspect...not sure they will make it to the World Series.

BBB OP ;-)
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,221 Member
    Good morning BBB friends.

"Do what you love, and you never have to work a day in your life." I forget who said that. Sadly, that doesn't work out for most of us. You're a lucky guy, Lee.

Rita has an MRI today to help determine why she has been having frequent migraine episodes.

Tomorrow, there is a hobby and collections event after church, during the fellowship hour. I have packed a box of turning stuff to put on display.

Monday we're off to Vegas.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,854 Member
    edited September 28
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • The Braves are trying to claw their way into a wildcard slot. After all their injuries this year that would be an accomplishment. I'm not sure they will go far if they do.
    • I'm guessing a Relief Critter Fixer would be in demand in most communities. You would be able to concentrate on the pooches with none of the business worries or office politics. Retirement is good.
    • Living in a growing area I've had some ideas for some good business startups, but no, I'm beyond that.
    • Sounds like you had an interesting trip yesterday, Sam.
    • Let's hope the MRI finds a solution to Rita's migraine. I'll say a prayer.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,296 Member
    GM

Hosting a really angry Marine who arrived at 1a.

Enjoy weekend.

Skip
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,678 Member
    edited September 28
    Good morning.

Prayers that Rita gets an answer on the migraines and that it's an easy fix. 🙏

Have you tried giving him some of that CBD beer, Skip? Might take the edge off the crabiness. Probably tastes terrible though.

Congrats on the new place Lee! I like the idea of subbing in for other vets. My dad did locum tenens work to round out his career so small town pediatricians could get a break. My mom enjoyed having new areas in the southwest to explore. You could also just offer yourself for a few day shifts at established practices in the area to provide some consistency for yourself and a mid-week off day for them. My dad and his partner back in the day used to get a weekday off when they brought in the 3rd doc.

Going to the doc in a bit to get my eyes checked and then to Costco to get the lens prescription filled and fill up gas. Pray for me.

• steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 3,017 Member
    Morning gang

Nothing major planned today. Maybe a bike ride now that Ron's tire is fixed. It's been more than a year since we've ridden so it will be short.

Or the nearby dragonfruit farm is giving samples and selling fruit at a nearby Plaza. But only until 10:30 so if we are going to do that i need to get in gear. We will probably walk..I think 2 miles but a mostly good sidewalk.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,868 Member
    Good Afternoon,
    Grocery store in town still closed, reckon power being out allowed lots to ruin.
    Gas stations are packed around interstate folks waiting in road to get in this morning,
    Have lots that needs cleaning hoping blower handles most.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,703 Member
    Seems like everyone's off to a good start today, us included.

We are going to walk down to the boat on this sunny, now calm waters, day. A bit windy earlier so we just sat on our deck with some good music and good conversation. Planning our our next month and close up strategy.

Great plan Lee, I agree lucky man!

We well BBB