Roll Call ~ Sunday 9/29/24

manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,964 Member
Mornin' gents.

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,964 Member
    Whew! Just finished vacuuming and mopping the house, doing laundry, changing sheets and towels, cleaning all kitchen surfaces. M arrives home this afternoon after 3 weeks away.
    Now heading to the town transfer station.
    How is it going Bill?

Onward and downward ;-)
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,221 Member
    Good morning gentlemen.

Rita's MRI went fine. It will be several days before we have any results.

Spent time in shop applying finish to a walnut vase I have been working on. More time on the old recliner, too. The fronts of the arms were decorated with a couple hundred round headed brass nails. I am trying to salvage them for use in the future. Working with a mallet and small pry bar each nail takes about a minute to get out. It's slow and boring work. About a half hour is all I can take before I find something else to occupy my time.

After church this morning we are having a hobby and collection fair. I am taking a box of turnings to display. Then it's home to pack for tomorrow's flight to Las Vegas.
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,306 Member
    Good morning!

Dave, I hope that you and Rita have an awesome time in Las Vegas.

I might have overdone it a bit yesterday. I had 13,000 steps. I ran the weed whacker for an hour, and then I spent the rest of the day building a lattice wall under the deck. I am half finished with the lattice work. I at least have a plan now. My shoulders are especially on fire today. Getting old is not for sissies.

Today is a rest day for sure. The Chiefs play the LA Chargers late afternoon.

Lee, you may need rest too after getting ready for M's return. LOL.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,696 Member
    Good Morning

I was glad to read Sam’s check in. It will take a while to get past some of the damage.

Lee when you are done cleaning swing by we could use your skills in the bathrooms.

Loading started late but went very well. We still need a smaller POD for what is left in the garage. Only furniture to move is the patio stuff. We filled a 16 foot POD probably needed 20 feet. I would hire the same guys again since they did an awesome job, but I don’t have a ETA on the Tuesday POD. A couple of Heather’s fellow teachers at the Montessori school are coming over after church to help with the cleaning. Strange being in our very empty house. Bad left hip pain made walking difficult but it seems to respond to rest, ice and TENS.