Roll Call ~ Monday 9/30/24

manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,964 Member
Mornin' gents.

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,964 Member
    Hope Steve is getting to sleep in today. How loud was the raceway yesterday?
    Have an early appointment with pain management doc to see if there is anything we can tweak with my regimen to help be sleep better. Currently up every 90 minutes due to aches and pains. Sleep doc says not apnea. Tylenol ER before bed used to work, but no longer, unless I double the dose. I'm thinking a trial of gabapentin, now a controlled drug.
    Picked up M at Bradley Airport yesterday afternoon. Started cleaning the minute she walked into the house. Life is good.

Onward and downward ;-)
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,306 Member
    Good morning!

Steve has a dog. Steve does NOT get to sleep in. Frankie thought that she was letting me sleep in today by not waking me until 5:45. Her hematoma still has some fluid in it, but not as bad. We'll probably have to have it drained again in another week.

The race track, although close is not so loud here. We can hear the cars inside the house, but barely. Outside, you can tell what part of the track the cars are on. Where we walk, which is just on the other side of I-70, it is loud enough that Connie and I have to almost shout to hear each other, standing next to each other. The larger problem, is that if we want to head out north from our house, we pretty much have to make a wide circle around the track area, because they shut down several roads to direct in traffic. It is only a couple of times a year, and we don't let it slow us down. We are glad that all of the people come in and generate a little sales tax revenue.

Bill is the one that needs to sleep in today.

My shoulder hurt so much last night that I got up in the middle of the night and took two Tylenol. I don't know if it is frozen shoulder, or what, but the pain is sharp, and affects my sleep.

Today is house cleaning, groceries, and then maybe some outside work.

How 'bout those Chiefs?!

Have a great day!
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,577 Member
    Morning…

Watched Patriots fumble the ball with DS’s Nick and Shawn yesterday. He cooked steaks, asparagus and potatoes on the grill for us. Delicious.

Helping DS Andy get a refrigerator into his van today. Bringing my piano moving equipment which might help us. Fairly new, he’s buying it for $100, putting it in his garage for beer and whatnot.

Time to get moving.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,221 Member
    Good morning gentlemen.

I never sleep in, and I can't blame my dog. I just wake early and can't get back to sleep. Up at 4:50 this morning.

Taking Sassy to the kennel this morning. We head up for the airport around noon. We'll be in Las Vegas until Friday. Sassy will come home Saturday morning.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,154 Member
    Been AWOL here a few days. Doing fine.
    Glad Sam go home ok but with lots of cleaning up to do.
    Niuce picts from Mike for sure!!!
    Hoping for the best info with Rita's MRI results.
    Oh man Lee! So sorry about the pain going on!!
    Slept in til 5:30 today.
    Got in a short bike ride in the brisk 47 deg weather.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,868 Member
    Good Afternoon,
    Urology appointment this morning, concerned over PSI but it was back down some so do not have to return for a year.
    Financial appointment where they try and convince me we are better off than I believe; we are not wealthy but very blessed; we are required to take RND next year, bless their heart.
    Still cannot get into service station due to everyone east of us coming to get gas for generators.