Sunday Cup of Joe ~ 10/6/24

manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,964 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“When you come to a fork in the road, take it.” Yogi Berra

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,964 Member
    Mornin' BBB

Ran into some bad luck with both girls in the trial yesterday so no ribbons. Had fun. Good competition and good judging. Long drive home, but got home in time to watch a little baseball.
    Dave, I'm just glad you all got home safe. I bet Sassy was super happy too.
    Gotta go in today to see a dog.

BBB OP ;-)
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,296 Member
    GM~

Hope Sassy reunion went better than your trek home, SGM!
    Beautiful day yesterday. Went to check out a new sports bar (one of my friends is silent financial partner). Was good food but the brew was not really cold (considering it was day one, I give them a pass)
    Nothing on horizon today. Talladega race and Redskins will consume my afternoon (along with a few Miller's).

Cheers,
    Skip
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,221 Member
    Good morning BBB friends.

Sassy was as excited as I expected. She clung to me the rest of the day.

Wild day in college football. So many upsets. Looking forward to the Buckeyes visiting my Ducks.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,678 Member
    edited October 6
    Good morning.

Yesterday was a great day as far as I'm concerned. Indiana is bowl-eligible at 6-0 and Alabama lost!

We also saw Dazed & Confused, had Jewboy burgers for dinner and then went for cocktails last night. And I had a nap in the afternoon.

Life is good, my friends. Get out there and live it!
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 3,017 Member
    Morning crew.

Glad you had fun at the trials even if there wasn't a ribbon involved.

No big plans here today. It's a little overcast so maybe a hike. Many venues have music on Sunday afternoons so maybe we will check out somewhere new.

Still over 95 everyday for the extended Forcast. There was a small hurricane brewing south if here, which would bring much needed rain and cooler air, but it seems to have fizzled.

• lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,854 Member
    Good Sunday morning BBB.
    . I've been churched and schooled and I didn't have to work so I got an extra hour of sleep.
    . It was a wild day of college football highlighted by an Alabama loss.
    . I had to Google JewBoy Burgers. Next time in Austin I'll have to give them a try..
    Have a great Sunday BBB.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,223 Member
    Another gorgeous day in Indiana

Sorry about the pups Lee.

Watching football. I smoked ribs for lunch. Amazing. Went to a craft beer joint for a beer and football.

Dave. My family was in the Olympic park. Did you see that ?
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,223 Member
    Steph. I don’t know if I’d like the continued hot weather. I love the seasons.