Hump Day Cuppa Joe: 10.9.24

DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,296 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“When you come to a fork in the road, take it.” Yogi Berra

Replies

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,296 Member
    GM~
    • 4-day stretch of gorgeous fall weather here! Actually, it was a bit chilly last night. Dug out me weighted blanket!
    • Busy day ahead. DF has started to receive packages (I packed up his crap left here and mailed it to him with some choice notes). It was cathartic for me. Threw away rest of his crap. Less is more.
    • Hoping to bounce early and enjoy lunch w/ DW today.
    • Hope your trek yesterday, Lou, was flatulent free!

~skipper
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited October 9
    Mornin' BBB

I came across this funny and thought of a BBBer
    gmebaxkglc9t.jpg

My PITA has escalated and M thinks I should seek professional help. When? I gotta work and train for field trials.
    I miss my Weber kettle and if you like eating good 'Que, we can be friends.
    Might have to walk away from Doolittle Rd place. Seller is being weird about setting up payment for septic repair and radon evacuating system. There are definitely other property options.

BBB OP ;-)
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,678 Member
    Good morning.

My contacts don't want to go in today. The solution they soak in didn't activate last night so they burn. I'm sitting here in Midland blind as a bat with the cell 6 inches from my face so I can talk to the people that live in my phone.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,221 Member
    Good morning BBB friends.

Taking Rita to a doctor's appointment and shopping for a new laptop for her are the agenda items for the day. I might spend a little time sanding a piece I have on the lathe, too.

DS and DDIL struggle with contacts at times. I have urged them to get Lasik surgery. It has become so reliable and safe that the Army does it routinely for active-duty soldiers. Just saying. Cataract surgery was my cure. Now I just use cheap Costco readers.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,855 Member
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Haircut and a trip to Costco is the plan for the day.
    • Not looking good for the FL folks.
    • People get weird when selling a house. It gets personal where it should just be dollars and cents.
    • Good luck Lou.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,868 Member
    Good Morning,
    Pablo's friend is staying in neighborhood this week, over 100 lb. doodle, they had a great time playing together this morning.
    Taking Toad to PT today, afterward Pablo has another play date set.
    When sellers do not cooperate, I have always walked away; sometimes they decide to do what needs to be done, if not it was not meant to be and there are other properties out there.
    Traffic is way up around here, mostly FL folks.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 3,017 Member
    Morning gang.

Took a lovely bike ride yesterday, but it's been over a year since we road very many miles so we are both a bit sore this morning.

Planning to take the day off from a real workout and head to the last little town we can visit before we need to get an TIP (import tax). We will get one later if we decide to drive further south. There 8s a railroad museum and a harbor but not much else. Should be a pretty drive.

FIL and his girlfriend evacuated last week to Savanah and they plan to be gone 2 weeks. None of our friends are evacuating but they are all further inland., but one lives very close to a creek but backs to the golf course that is supposed to handle all the overflow if it ever floods.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,221 Member
    I have an old Army friend who lives at sea level in Cape Coral, south of Fort Meyer. Their house was destroyed by a hurricane three or four years ago and they just rebuilt. Now, if the current storm hits south of Tampa, the storm surge will nail them again. Hope they have evacuated and are OK.