Roll Call ~ Thursday 10/10/24

manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,964 Member
Mornin' gents

Replies

• manladdvm
    Our cat woke me up making a dog like howl. At first, I thought I was dreaming, then she did it again, and then again. Almost like a husky might sound, but softer. She is fine, just her being a weirdo. Very vocal kitty. She is now in my lap giving me love bites.
    Candidate for full time doc came in and worked yesterday. She is a big hit with everyone. Fingers crossed she'll accept the offer.
    Doolittle Rd is a go, closing is set for Oct 30. Sellers are acting odd, but everything is on the up and up.
    Good luck, Mike. Hope you can find something soon.
    Does Pablo have a seat on TOAD? And doggles? PT folks must love it that you are such a bada** biker dude.
    Prayers for Rita.
    Hang in there Bill, you are getting close.

Onward and downward ;-)
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,306 Member
    Good morning!

Lee, are you getting excited about the new property? I hope that the new doc works out, so that you don't have it hanging over you about when you can retire.

Today marks 14 years since Jacob and Stephanie were killed. It does not get any easier with time.

Connie's little brother and younger sister both live in Ft. Myers. We don't have any news this morning about flooding or storm surge, but both live a little inland. I understand that both had power and made it through the storm when we went to bed last night. DSIL lives in a 2nd floor apartment, so other than maybe her car, she should be OK. DBIL & DSIL, however, live in a house next to a small canal. We are more concerned for them. DBIL & DSIL lost their roof in Ian.

Today will be mostly about self care, and taking care of Connie. Between the death date anniversary, and her siblings in the storm, she has been a mess. Prayers for all are appreciated.

Have a great day!
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,578 Member
    It's been around 40º here each morning, but sun warms it up to 60s and even 70º usually.

Heard last night my EX went to the hospital with low heart rate and other cardiac symptoms. She's been short of breath and had bronchial infections repeatedly the last 9 months or more. Doc plans to do an echocardiogram and maybe a pacemaker... Hope they figure out the underlying cause of all this so she can get back up. Loves seeing the GKs and watching their sports events.

Steve and Connie, prayers and hugs.

Lee, maybe your cat has been around dogs so much it's become one?

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,221 Member
    Good morning gentlemen.

Prayers for you and Connie, Steve.

Prayers for all the friends and family in Florida, too.

The neurologist said Rita's MRI looked fine. No explanation about why her migraines have grown more frequent, but she is scheduled to start Botox injections to control the pain. The doctor suffers migraines himself and has had injections for the last four years.

Nice autumn day, today, with fog this morning and sun in the afternoon. Trees are all turning red and yellow. I'll be in the shop for a while, trying to finish a couple projects I have been working on: a walnut vase and a large madrone fruit bowl.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,296 Member
    Thinking of you, Connie, and the family today, Steve Henry! ~skipper
  • manladdvm
    Prayers for you and Connie, Steve.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,868 Member
    Steve, keeping you and Connie in prayer.
    Prayers for Ex Mike,
    Bill, condo ready for staging?
    Emmaus breakfast this morning, guy comes up and slaps me on left shoulder; been in pain since then.
    Pablo's play date was here this morning and this afternoon, total of about 4 hours; both dogs worn out.
    Neighbor who has two houses on island in Perry FL says as of yesterday still does not have power plus water plants are shut down due to Helene damage. As for damage to homes one has two sets of stairs gone other just some railings; houses on each side and across street are totally gone. Do not know where his boat is.