Roll Call ~ Saturday 10/12/24

manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,963 Member
Mornin' gents.

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,963 Member
    I think that there some good chiropracters out there, but many quacks. My ortho doc, who replaced my left knee, has one in his building, along with a good spine surgeon. I have seen my ortho for this before a few years back. They both refer cases to this particular chiro. It may be coincidence, but when I had sciatica the first time, the ortho gave me a cortisone injection and after 3 days, I was no better and in a lot of pain, so he referred me to the chiro. He did some whamy jamy chiro stuff, no manipulations, and I left thinking it was a waste of time. Next day, complete recovery. Currently, I am improving with stretching and easy walking, am able to do my job without too much grouchiness, so I am holding off for now.
    I have a friend who has had multiple spinal procedures for his recurring sciatica, and he feels stretching is the way to go.
    As the old trappers used to say "there is more than one way to skin a 'cat".
    Field trial this morning. Girls are chomping at the bit.

Onward and downward ;-)
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,306 Member
    Good morning!

I went to a chiropractor since the early 1980s. I stopped this past May when I was getting ready to retire. I think that it would be beneficial for me to go to one, but so far I am getting by and will save the $$. I am having harsh shoulder and knee pains, but when it becomes enough, I'll go to the regular doc first.

Today I hope to have a busy day and get things done. The last two days have been a wash in that regard. I am going to start by heading to the grocery store early.

Sam, I'm so happy that you and toad are back together again. I hope that your shoulder does not give you too much trouble when you are on your bike.

It was good to hear from Skipper again.

Have a great day!

• LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,868 Member
    Walking Pablo this morning, he saw a couple of squirrels and started jerking to get toward them holding leash in right hand but still upset left shoulder.
    Hope girls do you proud Lee.
    Hope you have lots of accomplishments today Steve.
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,577 Member
    Mornin’

Another chilly, sunny skies day. Going to DGS’s football game today. Holy Cross, like his elder brother. They’ve lost nearly every game this season, after 4 league championships in a row. Their superstar coach left for a bigger $$$$$ job, along with many of his star players.

EX got a pacemaker yesterday, went well, maybe home today.

I’ve always been skeptical of chiropractors but DB goes and swears by it, and DS goes in between doctor visits. Never needed it myself. Maybe like acupuncture, another way of approaching disease that seems like mumbo jumbo but developed by trial and error over centuries and works but not sure why.

Onward and downward, folks.

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,221 Member
    Good morning gentlemen.

The world is full of mysteries, chiropractic among them.

Going to be a lovely day in the PNW. We should be in the 70s today. My goal is to clean out all the shavings and sawdust that have built up in the shop. Of course, I usually get distracted and start another project before the cleanup is finished. Big game between Oregon and Ohio State this afternoon. GO Ducks!
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,154 Member
    I had a similar experience to Lee with my one good Chiropractor I went to who was a Dr for the us Olympic Team. Nothing excessive but did the trick for both my stiff neck and a leg issue. He doesn't live here now.
    Big Game today Oregon #3 vs Ohio State #2 at Oregon's home of Autzen Stadium. Noise will be unbearable echoing up and down the I-5 corridor. Yup. GO DUCKS
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,696 Member
    Good Afternoon

Beautiful cool day here. We enjoyed a walk yesterday but are just taking it easy today before a busy family day tomorrow. Flooring is done, staging happening today. Painter isn’t due back till Monday. Inspections are up next. Well swing by with out of town family tomorrow.