Roll Call ~ Sunday 10/13/24

manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,942 Member
Mornin' gents.

Replies

• manladdvm
    No doggy bling from trial yesterday. A bit disappointed with no placement because I really thought I was in the money with younger dog, and I usually get it right. But judges have to judge, its very subjective, and sometimes you get judged out in the end.
    Had dinner afterwards with an old field trialing friend in his 70's that is winding down in his participation in the game. He is completely blind in his dominant eye, so has given up hunting because he can't shoot. His hearing is almost non existent, I had to wear a sound boosting necklace that links to his hearing aids at dinner. So unfortunate, because he is still quite sharp and has a really nice dog.
    I did almost 7 miles yesterday running two dogs. It was a bit of a rough go in the beginning and I probably looked a bit odd doing intermittent stretching, but although I was aware of my sciatic pain I was able to function. Sleep was a little fitful in the beginning last night, so I took a tramadol around 1am and that helped immensely. I took tylenol ER and 300mg gabapentin before bed. In spite of the good result, I'm not happy about having to take all this medication just to get some sleep.
    The girls are going to have a bit of fun this morning doing pick up for a tower shoot at my hunting club. I get credit for work hours.
    I bet your blood pressure is better now, Bill. Glad you get to relax a bit.
    I hear that the new pacemakers are pretty cool and have bluetooth capabilities.

Onward and downward ;-)

• shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,293 Member
    Good morning!

Lee, I feel bad for you having to med up so much to sleep. I take a Tylenol on top of my Meloxicam many nights for my shoulder pain. Too bad your dogs didn't place. I'm sure they will do better next time.

Today is church and rest. We are finally getting cooler weather, but not rain until next weekend. Yesterday was 91 degrees which tied a 125 year old record. Tomorrow morning we could have frost. We are in the fight now between summer and fall.

Have a great day!
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,569 Member
    Glorious sunrise here this morning, but now faded into a gray overcast; rain coming next couple of days.

Seven miles is a good bit of walking for sciatica. I got in maybe 2-miles yesterday before DGS's football game. Hasn't played much at all, but finally got in and immediate got a flag for roughing the punter and was off the field rest of game... we sat with his girlfriend in the stands. Poor guy.

EX went home with her pacemaker yesterday. I stopped by with soup from DD. Has to be very careful for a month not to pull out detonation wires "electrician" put in.

Saw comet last night around 7:00 very faint and low on horizon. May be brighter next few days but rain will hide from us.

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,202 Member
    Good morning gentlemen.

Enjoyed my football viewing, with the Ducks holding on to win the big game. DW was very tolerant.

Church this morning then an open day. We'll see what Rita has in mind.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,687 Member
    Good Morning

Another relaxing day yesterday taking it easy. Most strenuous thing I did was pay for the flooring in the house. Today we are picking up Heather's twin sister and husband at a hotel near Oakland Airport. They were in town for a celebration for her husbands brother. We will all go out to lunch and then they will drop us off and borrow the car to go visit a friend near here and then we will return them to the airport. We will swing by the house and check out the flooring and staging though there is still touch up painting to be done. Inspections this week, possible fence repair for next weeks open house weekend. Finally.
  • manladdvm
    dg6vp01wgiru.jpg
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,202 Member
    Now there is a Field and Stream photo. Beautiful.
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,569 Member
    Love the picture, Lee. Says it all.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,151 Member
    Wow Lee great photo and my oh my 7 miles is a lot of hiking about on the shoots.
    Yup Dave Oregon one a nail-biter down to zero seconds to go in beating Ohio State 32-31. OMG Ohio State QB slides down just 1/2 second or so after the clock ran out. Game Over!!
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,853 Member
    Got first of two shingles shot Friday, yesterday afternoon and last night felt like crap.
    Churched and schooled this morning, only because I was to lead Sunday school class.
    Temps to drop Tuesday and frost expected Thursday, calls for large pot of chili which I have on stove now.