Tuesday Cuppa Joe: 10.15.24

DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,296 Member
Good morning BBB! Sip your favorite morning brew and settle in…its time for morning roll-call!

"....I like my dog. I like beer. And maybe 3 people." ~Skip 🐾🍺🐾🍺🐾

Replies

• DocSkippy
    GM~
    • Took a leisurely drive to the country with Tucks and DW yesterday. Along with half of NOVA. Turned out to be a bust. Came home early.
    • Getting headaches alot lately - trying to figure that out. Checked bp last night. Uh-oh!
    • Might need to join you back on WW, Steph!
    • Long day ahead.

Cheers
    Skipper
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,964 Member
    Mornin' BBB

Leaf peeping season. Full on color here in NW CT.
    Sure hope Ron and Steph are feeling better today.
    My PITA is lingering. Finding a comfortable sleeping position continues to be tricky.
    Speaking of WW, I have been doing the WW app on my phone. Results have been slow but sure. The MFP premium would probably work just as well, whatever, I just need to be tracking.
    Hope Pablo was just tired and not sick.

BBB OP ;-)
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,678 Member
    Good morning, folks.

I haven't missed a day of tracking in 710 days. I'm up a bit in that time period, but there was a long streak in there where I just didn't care if I was treating my body like a garbage can - even if I tracked the trash fest.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,703 Member
    Morning BBB

Chilly out this morning @ 38F, furnace kicked in. Expecting first freeze Wed. during night. Then back to 70s for weekend!

Got a flu and a covid shot yesterday. Feel fine this morning.

Tracking my food daily is still such a chore for me. I use free MFP when I track.

Its the start of making soup season for me. I made some tiny ground chicken meatballs and added vegtables, and spinach, to low sodium chicken broth, yesterday. Next up is low fat broccoli and cheese.

Hope you all have a pleasant day!

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,221 Member
    Good morning BBB friends.

I rejoined WW two weeks ago after drifting up from the low point I reached in the Spring. DW says I should just make it permanent. It doesn't cost that much. Anyway, I'm down four pounds in the two-week period.

No frost out here yet, but the extended forecast does show us getting into the mid-30s next week. I have put away the short-sleeve shirts and gotten out the flannel.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,855 Member
    edited October 15
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • My Daytona trip was cancelled last night. My riding buddy has a dying cat and a frantic wife. I thought about going alone but decided against it.
    • I need to got to WW but they've closed down all the meetings close to me. Closest one is 40 miles away. I may just be larger pants.
    • We are going to have a couple of nights in the upper 30s this week too.
    • Skip, most of my headaches are sinus related. I find Tylenol Sinus works for me.
    • I hope your PITA improves Lee.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 3,017 Member
    Morning gang

Feeling better today but still running a bit of a fever and slept terrible. But we are both a little stir crazy after being at home for 3+ days straight. I think after coffee we are heading out for a drive.

I pretty much watched the entire series of The Closer in the last 3 days. I think i only have a few more episodes left. And I figured out how to watch without commercials. I got so sick of all the political ads out of Arizona with the VPN set to Phoenix I went to switch to Denver but then saw Puerto Rico. Apparently not many companies pay for ads (on peacock) maybe one an episode.
  • DocSkippy
    Apparently, I never cancelled (and never noticed charges) for WW.

Back on scale today. Not too bad (#20'ish).

Started the tracking - but chagrined to find that I cannot access a desktop version (unless I'm totally missing the obvious).

Thanks, Dennis. Me thinks, headaches are the stress from the blowout w/ DF! I'd bet money on it. Its bugged the *kitten* out of me since it started - and don't see any way out of it. His habits and behaviors have just devolved to a point that is no longer healthy.

skipper
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,678 Member
    They killed website tracking several months ago, Skip. Because they hate us old folks with our Jitterbug phones
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,868 Member
    Good Afternoon,
    Took Pablo for long walk this morning and he has slept most of day. Of course I had to have a nap with him.
    My weight had gone up 8 lbs. while in TN, still need to get 3 lbs. off.