Roll Call ~ Hump Day 10/16/24

manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,948 Member
Mornin' gents

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,948 Member
    I have a cat on the lap situation and I need to get another cup of coffee. Thankfully the keyboard is wireless and I can move it to a spot where I can reach around the black lump and type.
    Sciatic pain not really bothering me too much during the day, but sleeping is still a problem.
    Pretty Pablo? I started doing my own clip downs when I felt like even the discounted grooming fee was more than I wanted to pay AND that the groomer never seemed to get it right. I've gotten pretty good over the years.

Onward and downward ;-)
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,572 Member
    Morning.

Saw the comet last night again, this time from the pond at the state park. Still very faint, and I think if there were no moon out it would've been much easier to see. I hope next time they schedule it for a moonless night. Still pretty cool to see.

I need to get the window guys here to estimate replacing my sliding door and bedroom window, both 50 year old double pane that has lost insulation and is fogged up. Should have started sooner so the work won't be during a blizzard.

Frosty nights now but warming by the weekend. Foliage getting more and more colorful.

Long walk yesterday and resolved to cut back on fried food and sugar and make some vege recipes.

• shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,297 Member
    Good morning!

Frankie let me sleep in this morning until 6:15. We had our first official freeze of the season last night at 27 degrees this morning. It should be warming up again starting today. Now if we could only get some rain!

Lee, I have a sweatshirt that says CURMUDGEON. It is ok to embrace being a grumpy old man.

The Royals had the 6th best turnaround season to season in MLB history. They did great this year.

Connie has two appointments today. Physical Torture at 11:00, and her post scope visit at 1:00. I will be driving her to both of them, and they are miles apart from each other. We'll grab a quick burger between appointments.

Have a great day!
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,208 Member
    Good morning gentlemen.

Rita and I went out to dinner last night at a Japanese steakhouse, one of those places where they cook on a flattop where you eat. I wasn't especially impressed. Food was good, not great, and expensive. Rita had a gift card that paid most of the bill, though, so not a big deal. We won't go back.

No frost out here yet - probably not until November. While there have been some showers overnight, we are at less than half the normal rain for October.

Finished a beautiful walnut bowl yesterday and have a little walnut vase to do today. Fun times.