TGIF Cuppa Joe: 10.18.24

DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,296 Member
Good morning BBB! Sip your favorite morning brew and settle in…its time for morning roll-call!

"....I like my dog. I like beer. And maybe 3 people." ~Skip 🐾🍺🐾🍺🐾

Replies

• DocSkippy
    GM~
    • WI later this morning at the Warrenton Moose Lodge - should be interesting. I cannot find my "card" on the app to have them scan to save my life.
    • Journey tribute concert tonight. Hope its not too chilly!
    • Project Bandit is going to take ANOTHER full day. Ugh......
    • The Cleveland / Yanks game was REALLY fun to watch last night. Fell asleep knowing LAD were going to walk over the Mets. LAD/NYY will not be a fun series to watch. OVERPRICED talent IMHO.

Cheers,
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,964 Member
    Mornin' BBB

LONG day at dog training yesterday, got there early and started late and finished late. BTG had 4 non trialing dogs in the mix in various levels of training the dogs and the handlers and it was like watching the paint dry. Two of the four were really bad. The owner has really done no formal backyard work and, IMO, should not be worked on live birds yet. Billy felt obligated to help this guy since they are dogs from one of his breedings, but they shouldn't be part of our field trial training group until they get a little more foundation training. I know my rant sounds elitist or snooty, but this guy has been coming around for a while and is just not doing his homework with his dogs.
    On the upside, M and I had a nice dinner out with friends last night, which took the sting out of the stoopid Yankees closer giving up a two run homer to a rookie pinch hitter.
    Excuse me while I get my third cup of Joe.

BBB OP ;-)
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,855 Member
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Breathe deeply Doc. Exhale and repeat. Today will be better.
    • I lost a hearing aid yesterday and then found it after someone had run over it. Breathe deeply Dennis. Exhale and repeat.
    • Riding up into the North Georgia mountains with my BMW buddies today. First cold weather ride of the year. Should be about 40° at launch time.
    • Yankees and Dodgers WS. Hmmm. Add up the salaries of those two teams and you could solve world hunger.
    • Have a good Friday BBB.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,703 Member
    Good morning!

Going be a bit warmer here today and for our pumpkin farm, patch outing tomorrow with dgs and co.

I got my flu and covid vacs on Monday.

I was gifted a preloaded digital photo frame, from ds2, for my birthday. It's so nice! And we can all continue to add photos to it !! A Very thoughtful present!

65yo lady across street from ds2 found dead in front side yard yesterday 8a.m. and ds2s camera video has been turned over to detectives. Let's just say from what I saw on it... her husband should be detained, as of last night he was still at the home. Hmmmm. Didn't make it on any tv news either.

Speaking of surveillance, we see a 8 point buck that comes into our yard at the lake every evening.

Sorry Dennis about your hearing aid incident.

Hopefully the amateur dog trial guy will get the idea he needs to do his work Lee.

I'm baking butternut and acorn squash this morning that was gifted to me from my lake friend/neighbor who has a good size garden plot. Yum

Hope you all have a great day!

TGIF

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,221 Member
    Good morning BBB friends.

Always interesting reading, even when I have nothing in particular to add. Have a great day.
  • DocSkippy
    good successful WI today: -5.4#
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 3,017 Member
    Morning BBB

We decided against going to the gym yesterday so I don't have a weekly WI but i bet I can't ant beat 5.4...congrats on your dedication.

Mary crazy neighborhood drama. Hope it all works out.

Lee you have earned the right to 'judge' the others in the group. Hope it gets worked out.

Today i have my volunteer gig at the thrift shop. I'm feeling pretty good but need to remember to take a sit down break or two. Dh has a massage scheduled this morning and if we are up to it happy hour this afternoon.

Watched 18yo niece volleyball games on YouTube last night. They are 28-0 and looking good for a ticket to the state tournament at the end of the month.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,678 Member
    Good morning.

The WW app soiled itself somehow and isn't recognizing my 720-ish day tracking streak. They'd better get it fixed becuase I took a lot of pride in that number since it was also the last time I had more to drink than I should have in an evening - thus the oops on not tracking that day.

Congrats on the big number, Skip!

I'm taking a relaxed attitude toward going into the office today and will head in around lunchtime.
  • DocSkippy
    edited October 18
    D'oh, Lou! Yea, 720 is quite a helluva streak! I'd be calling!

Mary - Yikes!

Doc - #concur with Steph! You've earned the right to have an upper brow!
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,868 Member
    We switched to a higher speed internet, NOT; much slower.

• DocSkippy
    Thats the new standard, Sam! Pay more. Get less. (And you'll like it, damnit)!