Roll Call - Monday, October 21, 2024

shenry111
shenry111 Posts: 4,305 Member
Good morning!

Replies

• shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,305 Member
    Good morning!

Lots of home chores on tap for today. When I was working, I did chores on Saturday. Now, I relax with Connie more on Saturday, and do chores on Monday.

Lee, I am giving Pookie the cat eye drops. It is supposed to be 3x a day. I'm lucky to get one or two in as she turns into a blender and I don't like seeing my own blood. Her eye does not seem to be looking as bad, so instead of doing 3x a day for a week, I'm going to go a few more days and hope it equals out.

We have not had rain in a month. There is maybe a sprinkle in the forecast for today. A week ago they were saying that we'd see a widespread rain. Now it is a 20% chance for up to .1 inch. Sigh....

Have a great day!
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,219 Member
    Good morning gentlemen.

Hope you get your rain, Steve. I'd be happy to send you some of ours.

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,960 Member
    Mornin' gents
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,577 Member
    Morning gents. Missed roll call yesterday.

DB was scheduled for minor back surgery tomorrow, met with doc last week and was told it would be a triple laminectomy, not at all what he was initially told. Doctor denied ever saying what he said at first, so DB is cancelling and getting a 2nd opinion.

We are in a fire danger weather pattern ourselves here in Mass. Very low humidity, not much rain recently. Many rivers are down to rocks and puddles, although the beavers are on top of their dam building and keeping water where they need it.

Took my binoculars to a dark area last night before the moon was up and got a startling view of the comet. After watching awhile, a string of satellites in a row flew past the comet and really freaked me out for a second, Starlink I think.

Bill, you are a model of perseverance; I'm inspired by how you have kept going through tough medical stuff and made it to your goal despite the obstacles. Well, almost made it; praying you sell the house quick. Best wishes!

Lee, field trial sounds fun.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,867 Member
    Good Afternoon,
    Breakfast with Really Old Men Eating Out
    Physical Torture this morning, where they instructed me to call doctor because shoulder should not be popping and clicking.
    American Legion for supper.
    We have not had a drop of rain all month.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,695 Member
    Good Morning

Triple laminectomy? I was lucky to only have one vertebrae done, but combined with the work on the disc rupture it was worth it. Laminectomy was the easy part and had the quickest recovery. I hope he can get the second opinion and find relief.

Our long awaited fence repair is put off till Wednesday. My neighbor it seems didn' formally accept the bid so it was rescheduled. The freezer drawer wasn't quite closed all the way and caused it to ice up. I just got back from clearing it, turning the ice maker off and adjust the freezer temp to 5 over zero. Lots of ice and frost involved. Washing and organizing for our overnight trip to Yosemite tomorrow.