Tuesday Cuppa Joe: 10.22.24

DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,296 Member
Good morning BBB! Sip your favorite morning brew and settle in…its time for morning roll-call!

"....I like my dog. I like beer. And maybe 3 people." ~Skip 🐾🍺🐾🍺🐾

Replies

• DocSkippy
    GM~
    • Finished OP yesterday. After a week, I've been able to slide back into the WW routine.
    • Thanks, Steph! I'll play with it in a few to see if I can get that set right.
    • Headed to VA tomorrow for appt to determine if implant to prevent sleep apnea is viable option.

Cheers,
    Skipper
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,964 Member
    Mornin' BBB

The parent club field trial this week will celebrate the 100 year anniversary of Field trialing in the US.
    It is a really big deal and I entered both girls in the open all age part. It is a three day event, Thursday through Saturday. Thankfully, it is only a 4 1/2 hr drive, so I can work most of the day on Wednesday before hitting the road Wednesday afternoon.
    Looks like the young lady vet is going to sign up for full time. She and I did some surgery together yesterday and shared a couple of cases. She will be a good fit.
    (Big sigh of relief)
    Now you are back on WW, Skip, invest in the poultry industry.

BBB OP ;-)

• louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,678 Member
    Good morning.

A technical thing, Skip, but why wouldn't you have your WW tracking week end Thursday if you weigh Friday morning?

Go get 'em Lee! And a huge relief that it seems like the new vet is a good fit!

Here's the article I mentioned.
    https://www.texaspolicy.com/my-health-care-story-shopping-around-for-the-best-prescription-price/
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,221 Member
    Good morning BBB friends.

I'm back on WW, too, but only for online. The important thing for me is tracking. The meetings never did much for me. My weigh-ins are every time I take a shower.

Going to be a nice fall day today. Rita has me picking up a pickup full of large arborvitae to plant along the neighbor's rotting fence. She'll do the digging; I'll do the heavy lifting. Lots of time in the shop where I can quickly respond to the boss's calls for assistance.
  • DocSkippy
    SGM ~ I never got much from the meetings - surprise, surprise! In three different cities now, these meetings are as unique as a photocopy. It seems that the ladies are not too thrilled about a guy invading their territory, especially as they delicately sip their mochaccino frappe caramel lattes with foam.

I do like the cadence and discipline from a formal weigh in and simply go for that reason and depart!
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,855 Member
    edited 2:48PM
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Early Emmaus reunion group which I enjoy other than the early hour.
    • Yay for the new Vet.
    • English is an interesting language. Skip is a veteran and Lee is a veterinarian. Because of his length of service is Lee a veteran veterinarian?
    • WW meetings and WIs motivate me to do the right thing all week. I wish I had one close.
    • Meeting with the finance guy this afternoon and church dinner tonight.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 3,017 Member
    Morning gang.

My only access to a scale is at the gym. My official WI will be Thursdays, for no other reason than that is when I joined, but yesterday I was down#5 for my first 10 days OP. I'm happy with that. In the past I tend to have consistent #1 every week for 4 or 5 then #2 up. I was a very slow loser, but I eat a much cleaner diet now with very little processed food so maybe it will be a little different.

We are off for a hike ride soon then need to wash the car and maybe do a little packing. We get keys to the new place at 11 and technically suppose to be put of old place at 11 too so it will be a quick changeover.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,868 Member
    Good Morning,
    Congrats on finding new vet, know girls will do great this weekend.
    I guess I need to look at tracking on WW app; did not like it last time I tried.
    Direct TV down, wants me to pay $99 for one time visit them to fix or service contract $9.99 month.
    Looking at HVAC system that was pulled out good thing we decided to invest in new system, evaporator core frame completely rusted out and values rusted.
    Doctor appointment tomorrow for shoulder, I had called and PT had sent messages.
    Pablo at Doggie Daycare since he would not understand folks going in and out of house. His friend Sam came looking for him, Sam is a 140 lb. 2 yo golden doodle that was not supposed to weight more than 40 lbs. he is visiting today and tomorrow. Pablo is 14 months old and weighs 24 lbs.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,964 Member
    Dr Dinwiddie served in the National Guard...no deployment, but I served. So does that make me a veteran Veterinary veteran?
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,224 Member
    “I do like the cadence and discipline from a formal weigh in and simply go for that reason and depart!“. Same here. I do weigh myself every morning and write it down. I also write down what I ate the day before. But, I need to lose 10#. So, I’ve cut the liquor nearly out. Empty calories.

Gorgeous day on Indiana.

Good luck this weekend on the field trial Lee

Slow and steady wins the race Steph!

• lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,855 Member
    Yes, Doc Lee is a veteran veterinary veteran and he's getting help too.