Roll Call ~ Tuesday 10/22/24

manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,964 Member
Mornin' gents.

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,964 Member
    The parent club field trial this week will celebrate the 100 year anniversary of Field trialing in the US. It is a really big deal and I entered both girls in the open all age part. It is a three day event, Thursday through Saturday. Thankfully, it is only a 4 1/2 hr drive, so I can work most of the day on Wednesday before hitting the road Wednesday afternoon.
    Looks like the young lady vet is going to sign up for full time. She and I did some surgery together yesterday and shared a couple of cases. She will be a good fit.
    (Big sigh of relief)
    Good plan getting a second opinion, especially if there is a trust or communication issue with the surgeon.
    What is the saying about neighbors and fences?

Onward and downward ;-)
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,306 Member
    Good morning!

Lee, that sounds great about the new doc! I am happy for you. Any update on Colorado?

Bill, I hope that you and Heather have a great time at Yosemite.

Connie just does not like to travel. It is sad for me. She says that Frankie won't be able to handle it if we are gone overnight. I do believe that Frankie would not do well at a pet hotel, but we do have a son a home. We have not gone anywhere since 2019 when we went to Canada.

I am still fighting my under deck trellis. It is composite and so flimsy. I can't get the door right. I will build it up with cross pieces and get some different hinges. Other than that, I am getting close. I should have just used wood lattice, but I didn't know at the time.

We got ZERO rain out of that front that come through yesterday. Sigh.... We have had no measurable rain since September 24, and that was less than 2/10s of an inch.

Have a great day!
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,221 Member
    Good morning gentlemen.

Great news on the new vet, Lee. Hope the field trial goes well, too.

It's 42 and foggy outside this morning but will clear to 52 and sunny - a nice fall day. Rita wants to buy some more arborvitae to plant along the next-door neighbor's rotting fence. She wants to be prepared for when the fence inevitably falls over. So, I'll head to the blue big-box hardware store and load a half dozen in the truck. She'll do the planting but will need my help to get the bushes out of the plastic pots they come in. I'll spend the rest of my day in the shop making shavings. Sassy will supervise both of us.

• myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,696 Member
    Good Morning

Congratulations on hiring on a new vet, Lee! I hope she smoothly becomes part of the team.

Getting ready to wake folks up so we can get ready and get out the door. Yosemite Valley is only 3 1/2 hrs away but I would like to get there by midday. We are staying an hour outside the park. We used to go 6+ times a year at least in all seasons. We had to stop when my back wouldn't tolerate the drive. I have been eager to get back even if we can't do the hiking or snowshoeing we used to do. I can still look up and be filled with awe though.
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,578 Member
    Bible study this morning which, because I got up so late, sadly became breakfast for me—biscotti and chocolate chip cookies. Went for a 2-mile hike afterwards though.

Having gorgeous weather—mid-70s—but no rain in a long while and none in sight.

Lee, looks like things are looking up for the practice and maybe retirement at some point.

Bill, enjoy Yosemite