Roll Call - Thursday, October 24, 2024

shenry111
shenry111 Posts: 4,309 Member
Good Morning!

Replies

• shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,309 Member
    Good morning!

Bill, keeping your mother, you, and your family in prayer during a difficult life transition time. I'm also keeping you and Heather in prayer for your move that it goes smoothly and awesome for you.

I remember going to Depot Bay, but it was over 40 years ago, so many details are lost.

Today would have been our son Jacob's 36th birthday. This is a difficult day for us, so we are just going to take it easy today. Tonight, we will have his favorite Chinese food in his memory.

Have a great day!
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,225 Member
    Good morning gentlemen.

Rita was feeling poorly when I left, yesterday morning, so I took a short - for me - hike to get home early. Did 12.6 miles with 1,200 feet of climbing.

Had a rough night. We canceled the security monitoring for our house years ago, but the system is still in place. It started chirping a warning of needed maintenance last night. I'd go downstairs to hit the clear button, but 15 minutes later it would go off again. If I closed the bedroom door and lay on my right side, with my bad ear up and my better one buried in the pillow, I couldn't hear it. But as soon as I rolled over in my sleep the chirping woke me up again. I finally gave up and got dressed at 4. I took the cover off the guts of the system, unhooked the backup battery, then figured out which wire was providing power and unhooked that. Finally, the system is dead - but I am really tired.

I echo Steve's comments, Bill.
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,580 Member
    Mornin' gents.

Aggravating alarm system, finally dead and silent. I can see smoking wires and parts everywhere and Dave with an axe in his hand. Get some rest there. Sounds like a nice hike you had.

Going for an easy hike (not 12 miles or 1200 feet up) with old friends, one 87 years old. Audubon sanctuary on a farm with trails through pastures with woods and hills as well. Lots of benches to rest on as we go...

First cloudy morning in weeks. The ultra dry weather pattern we've had is maybe over.

Bill, will pray for DM today. Sam, too bad about the other shoulder. Steve, condolences.

Time for some coffee. Been staying up late and not getting up till 7 some days.