manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,972 Member
Mornin' gents

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,972 Member
    Thoughts for you and Connie, Steve.
    Prayers for Bill's DM.
    Both girls called back to the field today. Trial is so big that each series is run on consecutive days and so this is a 3 day trial. Most trials are run 2 days with the pros running Saturday and the amateurs running Sunday.
    We are running with the pros this trial.

Onward and downward ;-)
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,581 Member
    Good luck with the dogs, Lee. Sounds like a blast!

Clear weather again this morning, and much chillier than other mornings; we are heading for mid-20º at night in a few days. Our hike was really nice yesterday. Only 1.1 miles and 130' climb, but I learned our friend Fred is 91, not 87, so that was enough. Had lunch afterward in an old house turned into a mountainside cafe.

DD wants to climb Mt. Wachusett with me this afternoon. Haven't attempted since COVID knocked me down a year ago, so we'll see how it goes.

Time for the coffee to brew...
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,310 Member
    Good morning!

Thank you gentlemen for the kind thoughts and prayers yesterday.

Lee, congratulations on the trials! We're hoping to see some pictures of bling or at least smiling girls. It sounds like they are doing great!

We finally got some real rain last night. It came in the form of thunderstorms, but who doesn't like a good thunderstorm (except for Frankie). It was 86 yesterday, it should be a lot cooler this morning.

I've been doing all of the cooking since I retired. I have also been baking more deserts. Connie had given me a recipe for a pumpkin dump cake to try. The woman who wrote the recipe was drunk on pumpkin spice. We are going to have to throw the whole thing out. That does not happen very often.

Have a great day!