Pregnant with my 4th- YIKES!

Options
MelissaL582
MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
Hello ladies! I've been a member of MFP for a few years now. I lost 50lbs my first year, started school and gained back 31lbs. This past May I took the summer off and lost 23lbs- felt great! For the past 2-3 weeks I wasn't feeling well and got really busy having 3 kids in school and myself. This morning I found out that I'm pregnant with my 4th and I'm freaking out. I was on BCPs for the past 4 years and forgot to take 2 pills -I still took the pills, but that obviously didn't do anything. Lol! Obviously I have to gain weight for the baby and myself but I'm just scared to gain a lot. For my first pregnancy- I gained around 24lbs, second pregnancy- 26lbs and my third- 28lbs. I would like to continue with my logging and stay at a maintenance. I did some reading and found out that by my third trimester I should up it by 300 calories.

Replies

• carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :) Im 22 weeks pregnant with number 3 which was an unplanned surprise!! Currently have a 2 year old and 3.5 year old!! I put on 60lbs with pregnancy number two which is what led me to MFP in the first place, managed to lose all the extra weight I put on and was back where I wanted to be. This time trying not to make the same mistakes I did last time and currently am up 6lbs at 22 weeks :)
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's pretty good. How does your OB feel about that though?
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine. You've made mistakes before and know what not to do.

I'm having my fifth, which was also a surprise and at 32 weeks have put on only a kilo (2.2lbs). I was 198lbs to start with mind you because I had just given up smoking and gained two and a half stone in the process. So I lost about 10lbs in the first trimester, gained it back by 30 weeks and am just now going over the weight I was at the start (bfp). Oh and I've eaten at maintenance the whole way through, going over when I'm extra hungry. So you CAN do it without putting on loads.

Good luck and congratulations!