One week down....

Options
Well, I'm up to 323 minutes of total exercise after the first week of the challenge! My goal for the week was 360. It's a lot tougher than I thought, so I'll have to make some adjustments for week two.

I'm definitely feeling a difference, though, because this is the most I've ever worked out in a week. Lots and lots of walking, and I'm finding I can walk for a longer period each time. At Curves, I now have to work harder to get my heart rate up! And, I do feel like I'm toning up.

Only thing...I've gained 1.5 pounds on the challenge. I think it's either water retention (I know I should be drinking more since I'm working out more), or muscle from the additional exercise (well, that's what everyone is telling me). Because I've been keeping my calories at about 1500 each day, so it can't be a "real" weight gain.

I hope everyone else has had a successful first week!

Replies

• PDubbya
    Options
    Did 320 minutes this first week. I am down 1 lb. I can feel a difference from working out more this week. It feels good. Will definitely keep it up.
  • parlay44
    Options
    Through September 9th I'm at 750 min. I'm working twice a day with a rest day. I normally have a cardio challenge on the weekend
  • sydneyplainjane
    sydneyplainjane Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Parlay44 and PDubbya, do you find you're eating more with this challenge? I'm trying to figure out why I gained...
  • PDubbya
    Options
    No. In fact, just the opposite. Exercise always seems to quell my hunger.
  • dancinfree
    dancinfree Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am going to have to up my game only have 560 minutes of exercise as of 09/23.