All set up to lift at home

Options
glwerth
glwerth Posts: 335 Member
I even ran my two big boys (11 and 12) through workout A.

I've got a squat cage, bench, and about 400 pounds of weights, oly bar and a curl bar. Weights and bars cost me about 200 bucks, the rest, well, let's just say it costs about a year's gym membership, but we'll do it safely.

Now, we'll see if I can figure out this picture thing....

DSCN0321_zps1bdfd5ca.jpg

DSCN0320_zps520acb51.jpg

Replies

• glwerth
    Options
    No idea why it cuts the pictures off....I'll try making them smaller.

bcd07aa3-cf85-4bf7-95bb-41ca2f7d2f82_zpsd5fdb5a1.jpg
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Jealous! :-) what's up with your windows?
  • glwerth
    Options
    Jealous! :-) what's up with your windows?

Not sure what you mean? The blinds only go halfway down right now and there is a stained glass piece in the top of one of them....also lots of debris outside, since husband is still working on painting the house!

But thanks...I'm pretty happy with the new stuff.
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Lol sorry just looked quite opaque. Nice to have a lovely room with a bay window you can dedicate to lifting though, well jeal!
  • zanyzana
    zanyzana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I super jealous too... Looks like an amazing set-up! And you'll look really hard core to anybody sneaking a look thru those windows! I wish you were my neighbour! :wink:
  • glwerth
    Options
    I super jealous too... Looks like an amazing set-up! And you'll look really hard core to anybody sneaking a look thru those windows! I wish you were my neighbour! :wink:

I wish I had a neighbor to be a lifting buddy!

But, I'm getting my husband and two bigger boys lifting too. My 5 year old is too little, but he does pushups and planks (and pretty good ones at that).
  • glwerth
    Options
    Lol sorry just looked quite opaque. Nice to have a lovely room with a bay window you can dedicate to lifting though, well jeal!

Yeah, they did look weird. Husband used a paint pump to paint the house and was rather careless with the spray so the windows aren't as clear as they would be, that plus dirt, plus the angle of the sun at that hour did make them look rather less than window-like! :)
  • PitBullMom_Liz
    PitBullMom_Liz Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Nice setup!
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I'd be terrified to lift with hardwood floors around, but that's a nice setup you've got there!
  • glwerth
    Options
    I'd be terrified to lift with hardwood floors around, but that's a nice setup you've got there!

The mat is really heavy duty, so I don't think it will be a problem.
  • pintobean
    pintobean Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I lift from home as well. I haven't been for couple months due to various reasons but I will be starting soon. I'll check out the pictures at home. Work blocks most of it :(

Happy Lifting!!
  • linski24
    linski24 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I also lift at home :-) having weights .. A bench and a squat rack.
    My neighbours can't see in but my window cleaner will .... Obv not whilst I'm lifting lol :-D
    I love my little home gym ... I have a treadmill and a bike too ...
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    fantastic set up! I love the windows, my workout room is in the basement with a small window. I'm trying to talk the hubz into taking over a part of his garage... he's going to benefit from it too ;)
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    My home gym is in the basement. Looks more like a dungeon (old house). This winter my hubby is going to make it a little prettier for me. I might even get him lifting some weights too. :happy:
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I went this route and have never been sorry!

It's also really cool when your son's friends drop by and say "Awesome weight set, dude!" And the son drops his head and says "It's my MOM'S."

Enjoy!!
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I went this route and have never been sorry!

It's also really cool when your son's friends drop by and say "Awesome weight set, dude!" And the son drops his head and says "It's my MOM'S."

Enjoy!!

HahaHA!! love it
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    *grumbles about apartments and NYC* One day.... one day.....
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    That's a very cool setup! I have a home gym too and I love it!
  • glwerth
    Options
    My home gym is in the basement. Looks more like a dungeon (old house). This winter my hubby is going to make it a little prettier for me. I might even get him lifting some weights too. :happy:

Basement would have been husband's first choice too, but it's a dirt floor basement, like you, old house.

So, it's in my former dining room!

I've got the husband and two boys lifting now too. None of them can lift the weights I do though!

But, being male, they will surpass me fairly quickly.

Good luck getting your area prettied up!
  • glwerth
    Options
    That's a very cool setup! I have a home gym too and I love it!

I am LOVING doing this at home. The gym people may have done me a favor in the long run, but I miss my Yoga class.