Due March '14 Seeking Preggo Buddies

Options
I am expecting my second "miracle" baby March of 2014 and I wanted to meet some friends who were also aspiring to have safe, fit pregnancies. I have lost 155 lbs to date and am very determined to have a healthy pregnancy this time around as I had gestational diabetes with my first. Dont be shy, add me! Kalah

Replies

• mommy_hood
    mommy_hood Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Welcome - I am almost 19 weeks and my doctor has approved me to lose weight, maintain, or max gain of 10 lbs. So far I have been slowly losing weight but I feel I am coming up on maintaining... My doctor said he is ok with me not gaining any weight as long as baby is growing fine... my husband stresses all the time fussing saying I am not eating enough for me and baby but baby is growing perfect as of last Friday when we found out it is a boy ! I eat anywhere from 1500 to 2000 calories a day with a random day of lower every now and then... I started this pregnancy at 225-226 and I am now between 213-216, depending on the day I struggle with sodium.

What is your doctor's opinion of losing, maintaining , or gaining?
  • kagmiller
    kagmiller Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My EDD is March 9 and currently I'm trying to maintain my weight (I'd like to lose, but doc hasn't approved yet). I started out at 218.5 or so at 5'6", so my BMI is around 35 (and I am not muscular at all). So already have the "fluff" I need for pregnancy...no real need to amplify the issue, you know? For now, I am pretty focused on nutrition (though today has been a bit of a failure...very carby). I have two kiddos, ages 2 and nearly 1, both of whom I gained 30 lbs in pregnancy each and only lost some of the weight. I was 195 before babies. Now I'm 217 and hoping to stay there (or perhaps a couple pounds down) until delivery...maybe that will help to propel me in the right direction, weight-wise after baby comes.
  • JosephinaHenry
    JosephinaHenry Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    due march 19th
    struggled with my weight forever this app has helped stay on track with my food i have pre -existing diabetes which
    as a first time mommy is stressful. I have been blessed with a fairly easy pregnancy so far. I am 16 weeks 2 days and have stayed at a steady weight and have not had morning sickness, or any symptoms really I didn't even realize i was pregnant till week 12.
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Due March 27th

I was doing pretty great before pregnancy but my eating is all over the place lately and my exercise has been cut down drastically. I'm 40 and had some problems in my first trimester with bleeding so I was told to stop vigorous exercise including lifting. I do still ride the exercise bike when I can. I just started a new job a couple of weeks ago so I've been nervous about that.

I'm hoping seeing some other women in the same situation as me will help me stay on track more! I lost over 25 pounds this year and I'm hoping not to gain more than that back with this pregnancy but the doctor said I'd probably gain 35 pounds. So far, at 16 weeks, I've gained about 5 pounds. I'm not really showing yet but I am thicker around the middle.

I'm going to add you all!
    :flowerforyou: