Fall Fitness/Weight Loss (Maintenance) Challenge

Options
The Diehards have spoken -- it's time for a 12 week challenge!

Since we're all in different places in our journeys and with different goals, please list below what you have set for your personal goal. List both your weekly weight loss/maintenance goal AND your fitness goal. It can be to lose 1 pound a week and get to the gym twice a week. It can be to maintain your weight but do 100 squats a week. It can be to lose 2 pounds a week and do 6 hours of cardio. Whatever is going to help get you moving! Aim high!

We will start on Friday after this week's weigh-in. Friday's weigh-ins thereafter will also include how you did with your fitness goal.

Who's with me???

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Weight Loss Goal: 1.5 pounds per week
    Fitness Goal: 10 hours a week of combined cardio & strength training
  • krk5235
    krk5235 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose a pound per week, HOWEVER! I need my motiviation back, with football practices following work, meetings and half an hour drive home, I am like fried by the time I eat dinner. So my main goal through September and October is to get back to doing something!
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1 pound lost per week and 7 hours of walking each week (until my hand gets better).
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    September goals:
    -- Hal Higdon 10k Novice plan Weeks 4 through 7 as far as running
    -- 20-30 minutes Strength train in the company gym on Monday and Wednesday; and do Friday either at the gym or do body weight training at home.
    -- Figure out some sort of yoga and/or pilates plan that helps my knee rather than hurts it and incorporate that

all the rest, eat right, drink water, lose weight, blah, blah , blah
  • TrinaGoss
    TrinaGoss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    So. . .I disappeared for awhile and was excited to see a new challenge on here this morning! I've been highly unmotivated the last couple of weeks, so I need something to kick my butt in gear!

I'd like to lose 1 pound a week. I'll spend 6 hours a week (at least) to get there. I also need to get my diet back on track, so we'll make that a goal as well.
  • Unaisha8
    Unaisha8 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm with you guys. I would like to maintain my weight right now and start weight training :)
  • cindylu1962
    cindylu1962 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Yay!
    Here are my goals:
    1. Lose one pound per week:smile:
    2. Exercise (Cardio/Strength) at least 5 times per week:drinker:
    3. Drink at least 9 glasses of water per day.:bigsmile:
    4. Be able to do a basic plank for 60 seconds and then move to a side plank.:sad:

Here's my short term goal:
    I want to be in the 150's for my anniversary on the 21st of September.:flowerforyou:

If I do all these things I'll be able to buy a new dress for a party I am attending in early October.:love:
  • cindylu1962
    cindylu1962 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Laura,
    Is there a time frame on this challenge?
    I think it should stop before thanksgiving and then we can start a different one for the holiday season. Just my opinion to break things up.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    Laura,
    Is there a time frame on this challenge?
    I think it should stop before thanksgiving and then we can start a different one for the holiday season. Just my opinion to break things up.

Looks like I called it a 12 week challenge in the first post but I just pulled that number out of the air. It will start September 13 and we could have the final weigh-in on Friday, November 15 - just have a 2 month challenge.
  • LBinSF
    LBinSF Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm in! :)
    1. Weekly weight loss goal is to lose 0.5 pound per week

2.Fitness goal is to do yoga 2x week.
  • I'm in!
    I wanna lose 2 more pounds, then maintain through the holidays.
    BBB
  • LBinSF
    LBinSF Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Good day, Everyone! Want to add this to my initial goals for this Group...
    Weight Loss Goals:
    1) Get back to 'ski weight'. Now within 5 pounds of this.
    2) To weigh the same as when I moved here 13 years ago: still 23 pounds to go.
    Would love to do #1 ASAP; and #2 within 6 months of now.
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Ok new goal for me ... Signed up to run a 5K! Excited to have a definite goal (other than a weight goal). The weight goal is just floating out there and will happen when it happens, but the 5k is on November 16th and I wanna kick it's *kitten*! :D
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    Ok new goal for me ... Signed up to run a 5K! Excited to have a definite goal (other than a weight goal). The weight goal is just floating out there and will happen when it happens, but the 5k is on November 16th and I wanna kick it's *kitten*! :D

Congratulations! Can't wait to hear how it goes!