NATURAL TREATMENTS FOR HYPOTHYROIDISM

Options
Hi, I'm new forums and postings, so please be gentle. I was wondering if anyone has been diagnosed and decided not to take medication, but used nutrition instead? Has anyone been able to successfully restore thyroid balance through nutrition/ exercise alone?

I have been hypothyroid for about 3-4 years now give or take ( I don't remember when I was diagnosed). I was on medication at first, my dose was initially 75mg levothyroxine and increased to 125mg the last time I was taking it, my tests were pretty much under or borderline during this time and the medication didn't seem to make a difference to how I felt. I have not been on medication for just over a year now, my most recent test shows I'm under, but I'm somewhat determined not to go back on medication and have been working hard for the past 7 weeks to eat better and more nutritious foods. My current weight loss so far (22lbs) has all been down to changes in diet and nutrition and exercise. It has been anything but easy and I have a LONG way to go, but I have some hope.