Car Show/Event

Options
her4g63
her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
Hey everyone --

I am currently in planning stages for 2014 and am looking to incorporate some more things into our shows/events.

Think about the BEST show/event you have gone to -- what about it makes you enjoy it so much? What do they offer? What type of show/event was it?

2014 better be ready 'cause it's going to be AWESOME here in Wisconsin (:

Replies

• tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    beer....live music (not 50s music).....run what you brung drag race (hard to pull that one off)....burnout contest
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Chassis dyno contest, Product demos, swap meet area... If I think of more I will come back and post them.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    That is like asking who the prettiest girl is.
    It is all a matter of perspective.

I attend several shows a year.
    There is a massive one in River Ranch (Florida) which is a three day show.
    The vehicles range from stock Model T's to modern C6 Corvettes with Tubbed rear ends and massive superchargers.
    Old VW Bugs and Jeep CJ7.
    It is a wonderful show and lots of activities.

Then there are the "Specific" shows like "Only pre-war" or "Only Chevrolets".
    I don't like those too much. Too many snobs.
  • her4g63
    Options
    It may be like asking who the prettiest girl is, but that's why I'm asking -- for other perspectives.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far! We have three shows planned for next year and each of them have different activities during which will make them all "new" and exciting! (:
  • digitalbill
    Options
    In my opinion, the best shows are the ones without exclusions.
    Everyone will have a particular "type" of car that they are attracted to but, I think it is neat beaing able to see a 1955 Land Rover parked next to a 1940 Buick which is parked next to a wild custom F350 4X4.
    Invite lots of clubs and give prizes for the most registrations in a club.
    Dyno pulls are always pretty cool along with the teeter totter.
    Also, something for the kids.. Maybe a moel painting thing with a "contest" at the end.
  • her4g63
    Options
    I agree -- I've never been a fan of shows with exclusions which is why I love what we do and the people we bring. We accept and welcome everyone and everything. Pretty awesome to see Hondas, Ferraris, Lambos, Mitsubishis, etc. all the way to lifted and mini trucks and classics. There's a reason we host the biggest show in our state (and are close to becoming the "midwest"!)! From imports to trucks to classics and everything in between, EVERYONE leaves satisfied and happy!

We are thinking about having a dyno day, burnout contest, drift event and, of course, our already huge shows which makes three awesome weekends!

And as a mom, we ALWAYS have kid-friendly stuff to do which always leaves them having a good time and not screaming or wanting to go home (:

We do have many, many awards, as always, and that's one of them (:
  • digitalbill
    Options
    OK... I just got back from the 25th annual River Ranch rod run this week.
    There were lots of door prizes for registered cars.
    Long haul
    misfortune (who broke on the way to the show)
    Club participation
    Staff best of show

And then there were kids games like the fanbelt toss.

And then there was the drawing.
    I won the Craftman three stack toolbox this year.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    multi categories for vehicles to be placed in, since there are so many different types of cars. So you get best car of each category then best of show.

Burn outs are fun. I was at a place that did short drag races.

Good food/beer and tents (sponsors and dealers)

raffles
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Ditto on everyone's comments. I also like it when you can test drive the newest vehicles on a course. One show I went to had an area set up with a cement barricade perimeter and cones inside it to outline a road course. Peeps could sign up and test out all sorts of new Chevy vehicles on the course, including the newest Camaros and Corvettes. They let us run them pretty hard, but you had to wear a helmet they provided if you were testing a Camaro or Vette. Fun to do, fun to watch, and lots of smoke! :-D I think it was sponsored by some local dealerships with GM support. The lines were ridiculously long to sign up.