How do you 'end' your online encounter?

Options
AnnaPixie
AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
So, you start chatting to someone from a dating site and you strike up common ground and attraction, then you progress to phone and then decide to meet.

After meeting they then decide that you're not right for each other.

What do you do with their profile? Block? Delete? Leave it so they can still see you online and rue the day they rejected you? :laugh: What???

Or if you reject them?

What happens to all these 'dead' profiles?

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I just leave it and not talk to them again unless they are persuing it more after being turned down. If they keep after it then I will block them.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    double post. oops.
  • dbrightwell1270
    Options
    I usually just camp outside her house, take photos of everyone who enters or exits, follow her everywhere she goes and tell myself that she truly loves me but just needs more time to sort it out.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I just leave the profile, and let it be............
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    I usually just camp outside her house, take photos of everyone who enters or exits, follow her everywhere she goes and tell myself that she truly loves me but just needs more time to sort it out.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You crack me up David! :smooched:
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I usually just leave the profile and stop talking to them. I have only had to block a couple of people, but that was because they wouldn't leave me alone.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    What do you do with their profile? Block? Delete? Leave it so they can still see you online and rue the day they rejected you? :laugh: What???

Or if you reject them?

What happens to all these 'dead' profiles?

I think I have done all of the above depending on how I felt about the guy. If he was a good guy but just no chemistry I might leave him. If he was awkward, I block immediately.

The rue the day thing only works for about a week and then it's best for your own mental health to delete said rue-er! :tongue:
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    Options

You are amazing.
  • dbrightwell1270
    Options

You are amazing.

Aw Thanks. Maybe the current object of my affection will drive to Iowa sometime and we can meet. Don't worry about directions, I already know where you live. :happy:
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options

You are amazing.

Aw Thanks. Maybe the current object of my affection will drive to Iowa sometime and we can meet. Don't worry about directions, I already know where you live. :happy:
    While you are there, can you swing down and hit me up, group "outings" are always fun!! :)
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

The rue the day thing only works for about a week and then it's best for your own mental health to delete said rue-er! :tongue:

I blocked him last night.. I was just wondering what every one else did :tongue: :laugh:
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I've never had to block anyone. Usually if there's no chemistry it just kinda fizzled. One guy told me he wasn't feeling it for me. Others just didn't ask me out if they weren't interested and if I wasn't interested I just turned down their next request. If they asked again I just told them I didn't think we were a match.

But I never had anyone I actually met in person go crazy on me this time around. I did have a couple guys go e-crazy on me when I told them I didn't think we should meet cuz I could already tell we weren't compatible. I just ignored them and they went away.
  • LGrill27
    LGrill27 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    mzl-kmutgsev.jpg
  • Tube_socks
    Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    If I'm not interested, I poof. I've only had 1 situation where I had to block a guy because he kept bugging me and pissed me off!

Most of the time, I got a 2nd date. With guys I didn't, I wasn't interested either so it worked out fine for me!!
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    My online encounters like that have been pretty mutual, I think. If we didn't hit it off, neither one of us contacted the other. I did have to tell one that I just wasn't interested, but he was very understanding, thanked me for not leading him on and that was that.

On the flip side of that, there was a guy I thought I really hit it off with (pre-date), then he fell off the face of the planet a few days before our scheduled date. I messaged him and asked if we were still on and I got a message back saying that he would be out of the country for a while and he'd "let me know" when he was available again. Considering he dropped me from his favorites and blocked me, I guess that's an option too. I still have NO IDEA what triggered the sudden 180. Oh well. :ohwell:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Nothing.
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    Options

You are amazing.

Was that you standing outside my house tonight?
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options

That's the plot of just about every 80's romantic comedy.

--P
  • dbrightwell1270
    Options

You are amazing.

Was that you standing outside my house tonight?

No. Do I have competition? Are you cheating on me?
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

That's the plot of just about every 80's romantic comedy.

--P

:heart: :heart: :heart:
    f1e0lt.jpg