First time to gym

Options
CherylP67
CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
I reviewed the videos once again and practiced proper form before I left.

I got to the gym and the weight area was empty, and I got intimidated, I didn't know where to start. I went to the personal training office and started talking to one of the trainers. I told her what my goal was, that I had a program I was following, and then asked was it possible to hire a trainer to ensure I used proper form. She said yes, I asked if there were trainers who specialized in lifting weights, she said yes. We started talking more and she told me that one of the female trainers used to be a power lifter and another female trainer is currently active in some sort of weight lifting competitions. My eyes lit up.

This is a community center. You aren't going to believe this, but since the gym is brand new, they have introductory offers. I can do 5 half hour sessions one on one for $30 or 10 for $50. Isn't that insanely crazy?

I'm thinking I'll do the 5, and have them help me with form. I'm going to alternate between the 2 ladies. The girl I talked to took my name, number, and I told her I was doing Stronglifts. She's going to text the former power lifter trainer and tell her about me and give her my number. She told me that the trainer is going to be happy to work with me, because very few of the women lift free weights..

I ended up on elliptical for 5 minutes and did a few machines for a little bit. Tomorrow after work is my first session.

Replies

• ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Wow, that sounds perfect! i'd be all over that!
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    brilliant! and that will boost your confidence and give you a great grounding. I'd get them to show you how they do the lifts too, make sure they are going parallel with their squats etc so you are confident they are training you correctly :)
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    wow, did you score!! TELL NO ONE so you will have an empty gym every morning!! =P lol, seriously, sounds like you have got a couple excellent sources with the 2 trainers and it will definately boost your confidence.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Lucky!! Sounds awesome!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Lucky!!!
  • zanyzana
    zanyzana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Cool! That's such a bonus. Enjoy all the training!