Hello :)

Options
Hi everyone!
My name is Amber, I am a 33 year old teacher in Las Vegas. I am really excited about this group. I have a lot of weight to lose and I think this 14 week plan will give me a great start.
I look forward to getting to know everyone and supporting each other through this journey!
Amber

Replies

• mbcaldwell123
    mbcaldwell123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Beth. I live in Dallas (Go Cowboys!!). I have hit a bit of a plateau and I am hoping that this challenge will give me a jump start on losing more weight.
  • Caty_power
    Caty_power Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi All :happy: ,

My Name is Henna, I m 27 .. i live in Canada .. I started this program yesterday ,I did a lot of research on it , i got all the postive feedbacks and reviews.. Today is my 2nd day of this program ... Make sure lovlies u do visit the link mentioned ... It is a great start for the beginers or whoever is new to weight lifting.. So i thought of sharing this with all of ou guys .. i m 100 % positive we will have happy and possitive results after the completion of this program . I will be posting my before and after photos soon ..:drinker:
  • Dylansmom06
    Dylansmom06 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm Sandy, from San Francisco. I'm looking forward to seeing you all drop 25 by Christmas. What an excellent gift to give ourselves.
  • wambam30
    Options
    Thanks for starting the group, the website you found is great!! I get overwhelmed by making plans for the gym and this is so nice how it has everything laid out for you!
  • gbcyto
    gbcyto Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm Gretchen and have been doing MFP for about a month and a half seriously. Formerly did WW and have lost and gained the pounds of the years (tired of points). I'm pretty motivated with MFP and seeing some results, so far around 15 lbs, but a bunch more to go. Xmas is a good goal to have and how great will it feel at the beginning of the year to be 25lbs lighter.
  • shellyau
    Options
    Hi, My name is Shelly and I haven't looked at the website but will this evening. I am using my fitness pal (duh) and will work in my excercise through high intense/short workouts. I am a social worker with a beautiful 7yo and a great boyfriend. I live in Camas, Wa.
  • shellyau
    Options
    Will this group close? And are we weighing in today and sharing?
  • meganfoster12
    meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Megan and I am from Canada and have 107 LBS to lose and I feel this will be a great help; I have currently lost 53 LBS! I wish you all the success and this will be a blast!
  • Caty_power
    Options
    We are staring from today .. But will be weigh in next Wednesday ....
    Will this group close? And are we weighing in today and sharing?
  • lockmand
    lockmand Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I am a retired teacher. Well, semi retired, I do teach half a day starting in January and going to June. I am 70 yrs old and have lost 61 lbs since I started. I have 29 more to lose. I try to get 2 hrs in at the gym, one 60 min strength and one 60 min cardio session each day Mon through Fri.
    I also do something on Sat, either walk 5 miles on the rail trail, or ride bike 14 miles.
    The two foods that I have given up are wheat, and sodas. I would like to cut out more sugar now too. I look forward to trying this challenge and will try to fit these exercises into my gym time, to do what is recommended here. I weighed this morning at 175 lbs.
    lockmand or cinrueshershae in NC
  • losingw8now
    losingw8now Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I would like to join you all in losing 25 lbs by Christmas but was wondering = why all the rules about how we have to do it?
    I have just "restarted" about 3 wks ago and weigh in this morning showed me down about 11 lbs (10.8 to be precise). I have just found what works for me, and would like to continue on it.
  • Doresoontobehealthy
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm Dore! I'm just getting started. Determined this time I'll do it the right way. I have around 100 lbs to lose but 25 by Christmas would be a great start. Let's do this!
  • Caty_power
    Options
    Yes u can join in and you can do whatever works for u .. Amd we are here for support and encouragement .. Next Wednesday will be our first weigh in day .. Make sure to work hard enough to pull the good numbers :)
    I would like to join you all in losing 25 lbs by Christmas but was wondering = why all the rules about how we have to do it?
    I have just "restarted" about 3 wks ago and weigh in this morning showed me down about 11 lbs (10.8 to be precise). I have just found what works for me, and would like to continue on it.
  • Jacob_neha
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    I'm Neha from India... SO happy to have found this group, I had started to feel like i was loosing motivation and was about to fall off the wagon.. but not anymore :)

I've dropped 10 Kgs (22 lbs) so far and I'm all geared to loose the next 22 lbs "at the latest" By Christmas.

I follow a relatively healthy food regime and been doing Yoga for 2 weeks now.
    Good luck everyone :)
  • yazamitaz
    yazamitaz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

My name is Dan and I live in New Jersey. I have been using MFP on and off for a while but last week decided that I need to move the dial, literally. I am 6'1" and weigh 235, so I am not obese (although my doctors wall charts say I am) but I want to get my Marine Corps body from 20 yrs ago back. I am an avid cyclist and know that I just need to eat better, reduce my intake of evil sugars (chips,alcohol, and other snacks), and start lifting weights again to tone up. I think this group and this challenge is an excellent way to energize my competitive juices, track my process, and hopefully make some new friends.

Good luck to everyone,

Dan
  • Charbos03
    Charbos03 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm Charbos and I'm new to MFP, but not new to trying to lose weight. This is the first time in my life I've focused on just simply counting calories. Feeling really good but have a long way to go. Would love to be a success story for the "25 pounds by Christmas" group. We can do this. No more excuses.
  • Charbos03
    Charbos03 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I did the points thing on and off for years too, and I too am "tired" of it. For me it just became a big mind game and I wasn't following the plan. Counting calories seems much more straight forward.
  • Nusler
    Nusler Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I've been up and down the scales over the last 5 years and would really like to get back down!

After having my little boy a year ago I still have my 'mummy tummy'. Would like to say good riddance to it once and for all :-)

25lbs would be amazing! Best Christmas present ever!!

Good luck people x
  • Alikittycat
    Alikittycat Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Ali, and need to lose more weight. I think getting into this will help me reach my goals... I had currently lost 154lbs but gained 30 or so back... Need to lose that again. I would love to get to know others and motivate as much as possible. God Bless everyone and lets do this!!!!
  • teyadu133
    teyadu133 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Teya and I'm 31 years old, happily married and the mother of two boys (7 and 3). I joined MFP last September and lost about 25 lbs in about 3 months. Then I got lazy and gained about 10 lbs back over the past 9 months. I've decided to get serious about getting healthy, so I'm back on MFP daily again. I found out last year that keeping track of my calories was the most important thing I did to lose weight, and I'm very glad to be back. I've only been logging my food and exercise for 5 days, and I can already tell that I feel better. I was looking for a group that would offer encouragement as I begin this journey again, and I hope that I can encourage someone else along the way, too. Best wishes to everyone! Looking forward to losing 25 lbs or more of ugly fat over the next 14 weeks!
    Height: 5' 4"
    Starting Weight: 197 lbs.
    Goal by Christmas: 172 lbs.