Need a few prayers or some hopeful thoughts

Options
ldrosophila
ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
Looks like our insurance is going to be canceled on October 1st! There may be a few options, but it's still unknown all are higher cost. Now were at the crossroad do we stay or do we leave the town. It's not a process I really want to face during my 3rd trimester considering I'm already having hypertension issues and possible GD. I just want to have a health baby and some security.

Just need to reach out I believe in the power of prayer.

Thank you all for your thoughts.

Replies

• lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Can they do that in your state?? I live in IL and they cannot....if you're over 20-some weeks (I don't recall the exact cut-off) you can keep your insurance at your current rate regardless. We have pretty strict pro-employee insurance laws here. There is always COBRA or doing it without insurance....

Good luck to you. It's hard not knowing your state laws what your options might be. But know plenty of people have had their babies on the government dime and it's not the end of the world. They'll take care of you and your baby. Sometimes the care isn't as convenient (different doc, hospital, etc...) but it'll all work out in the end.
  • jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Sending prayers. Like lisapr123 said check your state laws. Also even though COBRA is VERY expensive, it may be MUCH cheaper purchasing the insurance for the month that baby is born. I know canceling insurance altogether is not a great choice as people are being charged for being uninsured on their taxes. A cheaper insurance that doesn't cover much might be something to consider. Well baby checks will be free. Hopefully you find some answers or someone else knows the laws in your state. Good luck!
  • mommyblessed7
    mommyblessed7 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have no answers but this girl can pray <3