I may be a ____ geek, but I have never _____.

Options

Replies

• KokowithaK
    KokowithaK Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I may be a HUGE Harry Potter geek, but I have never LARPed Quidditch, despite wanting to. :blushing:

Me, too. Sad...
  • RachaelStJ
    RachaelStJ Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I may be a HUGE Harry Potter geek, but I have never LARPed Quidditch, despite wanting to. :blushing:

Why LARP when you can play on a real team! :wink:
    http://youtu.be/jew6EyNvBfI

Oh, I would DIE to be able to do that. I should add that to my goal list of reasons to get in shape! Totally doing that now...
  • mwal74
    mwal74 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I may be a gaming geek (thanks hubby), but I have never gotten into anime (sorry kids).
  • Carysta
    Carysta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I may be a huge Tolkien fan, but I have never read the Silmarillion.

I may be a huge Star Trek fan, but I have not yet seen the two newest movies.

I may be a huge Star Wars fan, but I have never dressed as Princess Leia.

I may be a huge gamer geek, but I have never owned a console more recent than the SNES.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I may be a huge Star Trek fan, but I have not yet seen the two newest movies.
    I may be a huge Star Trek fan, but I have not yet seen the most recent movie.
    I may be a huge Star Trek fan, but neither TOS nor TNG were my favorite series. DS9 was, especially with the inclusion seasons 4-7.
    I may be a huge gamer geek, but I have never owned a console more recent than the SNES.
    Before I bought my Wii 3 years ago (4 years after its release), my most recent console was a Sega Dreamcast.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I love the Marvel movies but I haven't read any comic book either. It's not that I don't want to, but that there are just way too many of them and I just don't have the money to buy them all lol. And I wouldn't even know where to start either...
    I'm a comic collector and I don't blame you. I recommend just enjoying the movies and IF you want to buy a comic book, buy a limited series that's directly tied to the movies, preferably on-sale in digital format (e.g. Comixology) for enhance features.

One thing that Marvel does is have multiple, numbered universes in their 'multiverse'. The 'mainstream' universe (most of their books) is '616', but the "Ultimate" universe, the Disney cartoons, and the Avengers-related universes are completely separate entities.

Even with the Marvel movies, the Avengers-related (Marvel still owns the rights) and other movie properties (Spiderman, X-Men/Wolverine, Fantastic Four, etc.) are also separate because Marvel sold those movie rights to other companies (Fox, etc). That's why you won't see any movie crossovers anytime in the near future.

Wikipedia does an excellent job of providing character backgrounds considering they are a 3rd-party site. I'm a collector and I still go there to fill-in some blanks.

Yeah it's a huge mess, lol.

I'm a gamer too and I haven't had a console since the playstation 2, which I stopped playing 8 years ago when one of the controller panels broke. Heck I haven't played any game at all since May. That's so... odd from me. I'm planning on getting a PS4 and the Lego Marvel game though, and maybe the new Final Fantasy game as well (and Dragon Age 3 on PC next year when it finally comes out).
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I may be a Douglas Adams geek, but I have never packed a towel.

I may be an Arrested Development geek, but I have never driven a stair car (or blue myself, or eaten ice cream sandwiches in prison)
  • wesgro2
    Options
    I may be a major geek on all fronts, but I have never LARP'd.
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I may be a Anime geek, but I have never cosplayed. D:
  • Qski
    Qski Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I may be an all around geek but I have never reversed the polarity of pretty much anything (not deliberately anyway!)
  • bmele0
    bmele0 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I may be a fantasy/bookworm geek, but I have never finished LOTR.

Just never got into it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I may be a fantasy/bookworm geek, but I have never finished LOTR.

Just never got into it.

Oh I've never read the Hobbit. Waiting until the trilogy is over to do it. I read LoTR after I saw the movies too.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I may be an RPG geek, but I've never LARP'd.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,698 Member
    Options
    I may be a huge SciFi/Fantasy fan, comic book and action figure collector, follower of non-horror film and TV (esp DrWho), and reader of all things from Heinein/Asimov AndreNorton LOTR/Simarilion to Ender HarryPotter, a DnD player & figure painter; but in my 60 years, I've never played an online video game.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I may be a huge star trek geek, but I've never made myself a Starfleet uniform!! (Made plenty for other people though!!)
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I may be a huge history of costume geek but I've never gone to a mediaeval festival in costume.

Oh wait. Yes I have. Doh!!
  • inferiormeatsack
    inferiormeatsack Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I may be a just general geek, but I have never gotten super into Star Wars.

Exactly how I am, and I tried to watch the movies multiple times, but I could never really get into the them.
  • Caleb_Daniel
    Caleb_Daniel Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I may be a sci-fi geek, but I have never seen X-Files.
  • Sleevarilla
    Sleevarilla Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I may be a new-to-this-group awesome geek, but I've never seen any Star Wars movie with the exception of Star Wars and Return of the Jedi.

One of my favorite sayings to my friends is, "was that a Star Wars reference? Because I don't get it."
  • SpacePook
    SpacePook Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I may be a sci-fi geek, but I have never read Philip K. ****.

I may be a D&D geek, but I've never minded changing editions.

I may be a history geek, but I was never into the American Civil War.

I may be a book geek and a Trekkie, but I have never liked Moby **** (sorry).

(Ha! Filters! I just made an asterisk sandwich.)