SOS: Shout out Sundays 9/15

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Hey guys! What happened this week? Your health and fitness life and other parts of life that effect the health and fitness life.

Replies

• verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Figuring out the fall routine and getting back on track. Making some more large amounts of food to eat through out the week. Today, its roasted chicken. The recipe calls for lemons. I didn't buy any but I think I'll pull some of those preserved lemons I have going out and use them instead. I sure do feel better when I'm being good to myself. I actually liked running that 5K yesterday. That was a shock! I need new shoes though. That's another payday though. Perhaps Nov.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    Options
    Well, meds seem to be settling into my system so hopefully things will start moving in the right direction now. Saturday the 14th still gets me, got a call for a sample at 5 on Sat night.... thankfully I had not started my quiz yet... so had to work Sat night and this afternoon.
    Cleaned out my freezer today and realized that I had a bunch of stuff in there that I need to start thinking about before I buy because I buy it and then it sits in my freezer until it goes bad (and since I'm cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year, I'll need the freezer space for when I buy the turkey and with a small freezer I'll need all the room I can get!)
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I went apple picking for the first time yesterday. Walking through the orchards was no big deal, which is amazing by itself. I never would have done that willingly before!

But the weirdest thing was a friend snapped a candid shot an posted it on facebook. I looked normal. By that I mean I didn't look like the fat lady waiting for everyone to do their thing, which is what used to happen. I still have a long way to go, but I am looking (and feeling) better all the time. There have been detours and roadblocks, mostly of my own making, on this journey. But I haven't given up and I am starting to see that there really has been a big difference.
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    1. I've decided to take my responsibility for weekly meal planning more seriously, which means I need to get organized! (I get the feeling that this extended meal-planning stuff is a basic life skill that I have not yet mastered. :wink:)

My first goals are to develop a month's worth of rotating dinners (almost done!) and to shop for one week's worth of pre-planned meals at a time. I found a great system using google calendar that makes planning and editing an easy process. (more details @ http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1092799-meal-planning-with-google-calendar-ziplist or http://www.lifeingraceblog.com/2013/01/meal-planning-part-1-the-why/ )

2. I'm learning how to understand and communicate my boundaries better. I still feel guilty about expressing boundaries sometimes, but I think that's because I'm not used to doing it with certain people. I'm still clumsy but getting better. (How is this related to health & fitness? Well, knowing my boundaries helps me to take good care of myself!)