Introductions

Options
I'll start this off :)

Hi, I'm Ashley! I'm 23 years old as of 9/11/13. I grew up in a small town in Minnesota on a dairy farm. I now live in another small town just down the road from that small town ;) I live with my boyfriend James of 2 years, our dog/my work-out buddy, Jack, and our cat Nala.

Growing up, my mother worked as a nurse and also was in school to be an RN. She never had the time to teach us kids how to cook or bake. When I moved in with James in the end of 2011, I really started exploring food and cooking. I used Pinterest to make hotdishes and other food options. I did not start focusing on being healthy until June 3rd, 2013. That's when I really got started with MFP, and my blog (http://gingermountain.tumblr.com).
I've been slowly learning healthy options, cooking, and baking, and they are now my hobbies! I grew up on a limited palette (hamburger helper, eggs, spaghetti, macaroni) and I've been expanding by trying other foods (tilapia, salmon, beef roast, turkey, chicken.) Along with cooking and baking, I also love to four-wheel, fish, and watch the MN Vikings! I am obsessed with Fall (pumpkins, leaves, orange, yellow, football, warm/chilly weather...) so it being September, I am at my "happy high." :)

I am excited to be a part of this group! I would love to be in the 160's by December. I was in another group, and it helped me to realize unrealistic and realistic weight loss goals. Me being 177 now, I would like to be 160 by the end of this challenge. That is a goal of 17lbs lost by then! The last 3 month challenge I did, I lost 12lbs so I think if I push hard, I can do it!

:)

Replies

• mrsmac97
    mrsmac97 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is August McElwain. I am 35 and holding! My birthday is actually next Wednesday, the 25th and I will be 36. I live in a small town outside of Tupelo, MS (the birthplace of Elvis Presley). I have been married for 16 years to my hubby and we are parents to 2 teenage, football playing boys and one soccer playing princess! I have gained about 15lbs in the past few years and I am just not comfortable with my weight, my appearance, my energy level nor my unhealthy eating habits. I want to lose 15-20 lbs. I have a really really REALLY hard time staying motivated and focused! I will do great for about a week and then something happen to cause me to eat the wrong thing or too much of it and I just don't get back on track. And while I am eating right and exercising I feel AMAZING and when I stumble and go back to eating unhealthy and not exercising I have NO energy and feel like crap! I usually will be in an ill mood to everyone I come in contact with. Why do I do this to myself when I know how it makes me feel??? Does anyone else do this? Anyways, I am looking for some motivation, inspiration and encouragement! Please feel free to add me as a friend! My goal is to be able to wear cute outfits this fall that consist of cute shirts, leggings and boots and not feel too big to do it!
  • 1Veelove
    1Veelove Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Vanessa. I need someone to encourage me to lose this weight; I need to lose 25 pounds. I've been trying but I always go back down the unhealthy & no exercise road. This is my first time on MFP. I've just downloaded this app on my phone, so please feel free to add me as a friend. I'm excited to start my weight loss journey & being part of the group.
  • BestMeICanBe64
    BestMeICanBe64 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    So this is my first Group. I have been using MyFitnessPal since the spring and it has helped me keep track of my eating. I have recently "kicked up" my exercise, mostly through walking, but I am still holding at 162. My goal is 155 - wedding weight. At 49 I know losing weight gets more challenging. I try my best to eat healthy but sweets are my big downfall.

I bring my lunch and breakfast to work everyday, packing it the night before. Most of the time I am motivated to take the time to choose healthy, but sometimes I'm just tired and get through the chore as quickly as I can. If anyone has quick healthy solutions to taking meals to work I'd love some suggestions.

Well, I joined the group to help motivate me to get past this plateau and it seemed great to have a 3 month challenge - and one where I will be weighing in each Friday. Thanks to whoever started the Group. I look forward to working toward our goals together so that we can have a holiday season of health and looking great!

Best of luck!
  • kaliya89
    kaliya89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name's Katie. I'm 24, and I live about half an hour outside Atlanta, GA. I've been using MFP on and off for a while now. I've been on some form of diet for the past 10 years, and none of them seem to work. Now I'm focusing mostly on eating healthy food and trying to add some exercise when I have time/feel like it. I'm hoping that by making small changes I'll be able to adapt to this new lifestyle better. I've tried to force myself to exercise everyday and eat very little, and that never works for me.

My family is planning a trip back to New York right after Christmas this year. That's where I'm from originally, but I haven't been back to see my family there in five years. Since this challenge ends Dec. 20, I figure this is the perfect challenge for me. I'm hoping to get down to 255 by the time I go visit. That would put me back to almost what I weighed in college (244), and it would be a great way to end the year.
  • BestMeICanBe64
    BestMeICanBe64 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie! Welcome to the Autumn Challenge! Good luck!
  • kaliya89
    kaliya89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :)